diy solar

diy solar

No AC output after low dc cut off till battery is full

mnakkach

Hello,

In off-grid mode, my Voltronic Infinisolar V IV, after reaching a low DC cut off thorough SOC of 60%, the AC output will cut off as expected overnight, next day morning PV starts charging the battery while AC output from inverter is still off.

The inverter will start providing the AC output only after the battery reaches 100% SOC.

As a result, AC output will not be available till afternoon when my battery is fully charged, w/a is to manually reset the inverters (on/off)

Is this normal for all inverters? I couldn't find any related settings, I expect the AC output to resume after certain margin i.e. 20% above SOC? at 75% or so in my case.

Thanks

1st. menu point is it set to SBU? If not do that first.
I will try it, but this changes the priority to utilize battery over utility for AC out, which I am not in favor. My current setting is SUB.

I am expecting the AC out to start feeding from Solar which has enough capacity before my battery reaches 100%. In this is specific case utility is not available and i do not frankly see this is related

Might be Battery under voltage recovery point.
Meanwhile battery is operational and charging, but inverter decided not to give AC output till battery is 100% full after it had reached min DC cut off

What make/type of battery?

How is the inverter determining 60% SOC?

There is no settings on the battery, settings is from the inverter only, soc is set in program 19 in the attached manual of the inverter, also i have attached the battery manual

Attachments

• DOC-20220913-WA0040..pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 10
  • LIO II-4810-Lithium-Battery-Pack-Manual 20220307.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
1- SUB
2- APL
3- 230
4- 50
5- LBU
6- Bye
7- Ltd
8- Etd
9- Gtd
10- SNU
11- 30 (forced from BMS)
13- 10
14- Lib
17- 56 (forced from BMS)
18- 56 (forced from BMS)
19- SOC 80% (the last test was done using this settings, AC output was stopped at 80%, it was activated back when battery close to 95%)
20- SOC 95%
21- SOC 100%

If i correlate the AC output activation after the battery reached a low battery point of 80% as set in program 19, I see it is activated according to program 20, but this doesn't make sense since it is for another kind of settings (Battery stop discharging voltage when grid is available). Can be a coincidence ?

Did you try SBU?
No, I will try, but if it works in SBU then i consider it as a bug, this means the inverter thinks utility is feeding back in while actually utility line is cut.

What is this option called in other inverters? i.e. Battery SOC% for AC output after low SOC cut off? if such settings is not available in other inverters, at what SOC% the inverter is back to operation after low SOC cut off usually? curious to know

My inverter does not use battery SOC. It uses voltage. The setting as I mentioned is "Battery under voltage recovery point." My understanding is that you can select User battery type on your inverter to get voltages versus state of charge.

My inverter does not use battery SOC. It uses voltage. The setting as I mentioned is "Battery under voltage recovery point." My understanding is that you can select User battery type on your inverter to get voltages versus state of charge.
Ok clear, thx

Back