diy solar

diy solar

No PV input until I reset the RSD transmitter

cmack

I have 2 identical PV arrays connected to 2 different inputs on my SA 15k. Both arrays are connected to the same RSD transmitter.

This morning array 1 stayed at 6v while array 2 climbed quickly to 280v (as expected). This is the 2nd time this has happened in about 2 weeks.

A quick reset of the RSD transmitter solved the problem, as you can see in the screenshot around 8:45 AM.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? Any idea why?

EDIT: The last time this happened, I reset the PV breaker and that solved the problem. I did not touch the RSD in that case.

Attachments

• voltage.png
    voltage.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
  • current.png
    current.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 3
I'm having similar issues with 3 Sol-Ark 15k and a set of 10 strings of 9 panels. They worked for 2 weeks and now the APsmart modules seem to be acting up and sometimes there is voltage at the MPPT and sometimes not. Did you find a solution?

I have 2 identical PV arrays connected to 2 different inputs on my SA 15k. Both arrays are connected to the same RSD transmitter.

This morning array 1 stayed at 6v while array 2 climbed quickly to 280v (as expected). This is the 2nd time this has happened in about 2 weeks.

A quick reset of the RSD transmitter solved the problem, as you can see in the screenshot around 8:45 AM.

EDIT: The last time this happened, I reset the PV breaker and that solved the problem. I did not touch the RSD in that case.
I don’t have RSD but haven’t had any issue with the PV.

You’re certain its the RSD causing this?

I'm trying to setup my Apsmart RSD.... i got the outdoor kit with the transmitter and the power supply but I can't get the power supply to work with my two Sol-Ark 15k's in parallel. How did you setup the power supply on your system? Based on the power supply requirements in the manual and the numbers from the Sol-Ark manual they don't seem compatible. I talked Sol-Ark tech and he thinks i need an external power supply.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 12.25.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 12.25.26 AM.png
    579.9 KB · Views: 6
The 12v output from the Solark does not have enough current (100ma) to power the newer Tigo transmitters (1a+) so maybe the APSmart is suffering from the same issues too.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back