diy solar

diy solar

Node Red example for Schnieder XW Pro/insight

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

Switching over to this channel as more related to modbus

I switched from voltage to state of charge. Which address do I change to change Grid support SOC? It looks like it only does 'load shaving' if grid support soc is greater than soc so in the morning, only when I set it to 100%, it starts load shaving. Is this correct?

What is the address for Grid support SOC on modbus? I only see Grid Support Voltage and not SOC

1700489403662.png

502 port has the info

doc:ConextTM Gateway Modbus Interface Specification (502) ConextTM XW Inverter/Chargers

40246 = High SOC Cut Out
40247 = Recharge SOC
40248 = Low SOC Cut Out
40215 = Grid Support SOC

That's frustrating that grid support voltage is on port 503 and grid support SOC is on port 502. I've never understood what the differentiation is between the two.

The whole software side is super frustrating :-( 502 is Sunspec. I guess they are implementing the Sunspec standards

SOC -- Address 40216 -- you have to hit the modbus address of the battery(1 in my case). Got some help from Schneider
1700661894651.png

I went thru the install (MacOS) and connection today and found this an excellent guide.

The thing i don't get that has frustrated me as i just commissioned a SW4048 was having to put the SW4048 into standby as this raises hell with a kitchen full of expensive appliances (lost a DVR already) and would be pissed to lose a $3k refrigerator from killing power repeatedly.

How can node-red with modbus make these changes on the fly thru InsightLocal? I tried making little changes like peak load shave amps from 10A to 1A and InsightLocal reported failed change (all red that i could get back to green by restoring original value). The SW4048 was a bit goofy after this as it did not seem to peak load shave as evenly or as much until i did a full power cycle (total pita!).

Or is there a list of things that can be done without going to standby? I am wanting to try some changes but afraid to have to completely shut down the house and reset all the clocks...

I've changed plenty of settings, both on Insight local and through modbus, without putting that inverter into standby.

I've changed most all of the battery and charger settings, grid support, EPC, and I'm sure others.
I change grid support voltage about 30 times during the summer and adjust EPC every 1.5 seconds when the sun is out.

But, I've got an XW. I've always assumed similar logic on that SW, but I can't say for sure.

Edit: I believe the value turning red usually means you have entered in an invalid number.

Edit: I believe the value turning red usually means you have entered in an invalid number.
Yes, I tried setting peak load shave amps to 0 as folks do on the XWs. InsightLocal slider only goes down to 1 so I type on 0.

There are a LOT of warnings in manual about putting inverter into standby before making changes.

Perhaps ok to do them if inverter NOT working hard? I’m on day 3 so still learning (and skeered).

So, please make sure your insight is on a private network
Can the node-red to InsightHome be done over the wifi connection to InsightLocal? Or do i need a physical router and 2 ethernet cables?

Is this lack of ethernet/lan the reason my node-red config for the modbusflex getter looks different than yours? It won't even let me add a new modes client. I am totally wireless, no wired internet, wan or lan. Sorry if these are dumb questions, cannot figure out why my node-red is different in this key aspect.

Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 2.03.22 PM.png

Here is my network from my mac to InsightHome. Can this TCP be used for the modbus commands?

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 8.34.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-12-18 at 8.35.16 PM.png

Can the node-red to InsightHome be done over the wifi connection to InsightLocal? Or do i need a physical router and 2 ethernet cables?
wifi : yes
- Insight should have a private ip address : ex: 192.168.1.25(mine)
- Node red can be on your laptop which should be on the same network 192.168.1.xx
- you should be able to ping from your laptop(or where node-red is installed) to insight
- you don't need physical connection

Is this lack of ethernet/lan the reason my node-red config for the modbusflex getter looks different than yours? It won't even let me add a new modes client. I am totally wireless, no wired internet, wan or lan. Sorry if these are dumb questions, cannot figure out why my node-red is different in this key aspect.

View attachment 184000
my node-red getter:
1703028625805.png

1703028653112.png

Here is my network from my mac to InsightHome. Can this TCP be used for the modbus commands?

View attachment 183857View attachment 183858

Last edited:
insight home commissioning guide : Around the 14th minute, it talks about how to setup insight on wifi

I went thru the install (MacOS) and connection today and found this an excellent guide.

The thing i don't get that has frustrated me as i just commissioned a SW4048 was having to put the SW4048 into standby as this raises hell with a kitchen full of expensive appliances (lost a DVR already) and would be pissed to lose a $3k refrigerator from killing power repeatedly.

How can node-red with modbus make these changes on the fly thru InsightLocal? I tried making little changes like peak load shave amps from 10A to 1A and InsightLocal reported failed change (all red that i could get back to green by restoring original value). The SW4048 was a bit goofy after this as it did not seem to peak load shave as evenly or as much until i did a full power cycle (total pita!).

Or is there a list of things that can be done without going to standby? I am wanting to try some changes but afraid to have to completely shut down the house and reset all the clocks...
Schnieders documentation officially suggests standby for all changes. In reality, I almost never do it. The only times I do, are when I'm changing a region setting or one of the (very few) settings that are greyed out when the unit is operational.

As for killing power to a kitchen full of appliances, I'm not sure what other gear you have.. but in the PDP and min-PDP, you can flip the breaker that does the grid bypass first. mine flips fast enough that my UPS's dowstream don't even register the blip. So. you can go to bypass, cycle the unit to standby and back to operation, and then come off bypass without those appliances being any wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back