diy solar

diy solar

Not getting enough PV

LittleLebowski

Solar Enthusiast
I'm using 4 panels of Risen 335w panels in parallel that have a VOC of 45.9v and am connecting these to an Ecoflow Delta Pro. I've moved them twice on my property, no matter where they have been at, I top out at around 550 to maybe 600w on during good sunlight hours. Is it safe to try say three of these panels in series in order to possibly get more PV ouput?

I'm using 4 panels of Risen 335w panels in parallel that have a VOC of 45.9v and am connecting these to an Ecoflow Delta Pro. I've moved them twice on my property, no matter where they have been at, I top out at around 550 to maybe 600w on during good sunlight hours. Is it safe to try say three of these panels in series in order to possibly get more PV ouput?

Series or parallel, in full sun they will make the same amount of watts

Are they dirty ?

How full are your batteries? If they are full , or at least close , your batteries could be throttling the panels output

The panels can't make power if there's nowhere for the power to go !

If the Ecoflow can take the voltage then try all 4 in series, if not the 2S2P. Are your angles good and panels without shadow areas? Also if the battery is full and not taking any loads then it will throttle down as will only take what it can. Try it with some decent loads on it whilst daytime and see if panels produce more etc.

Sounds like your EcoFlow is limiting PV input. Not knowing it's specs I can not say if this is normal behavior.

Sounds like your EcoFlow is limiting PV input. Not knowing it's specs I can not say if this is normal behavior.
I've got two and they're showing the same behavior. They are rated for up to 1600w of PV input on paper.

Series Voc of the panels must be less than 150V.
Parallel input from the panels will be max 15A. If you put more than that in parallel, it will only use 15A.

Panels are likely 11A, so 4P means you're wasting almost 3 full panels. Not a good choice.

Best option is 2S2P

That should get you about 80Vmp * 15A = 1200W MAX.

I misread the panel wattage, so my 11A was off.

You should be able to get 37.7V * 2 * 15A = 1,131W absolute maximum from those panels.

When in 4P, max should have been around 37.7V * 15A = 565W.

However, a little more is possible because the 4P array could deliver 15A at a voltage higher than Vmp, so 600-ish is certainly possible.

You should be able to get 37.7V * 2 * 15A = 1,131W absolute maximum from those panels.

However, a little more is possible because the 4P array could deliver 15A at a voltage higher than Vmp, so 600-ish is certainly possible.
You're still recommending 2S2P, right?

Op said 550w to 600w , so you're spot on

Back