diy solar

diy solar

Off-grid 24V solar system - What do u think about ¿?

I think if you are going to buy a victron inverter, you should just go ahead and buy the 3000 / 24.

It is only 2400 watts, which is still much less than the power of an individual outlet in a home or business in much of Europe and barely more than a single outlet in a US home.

It is not super powerful, but it is strong enough to run power tools if this is ever needed.

It is relatively easy to add some more batteries or solar panels at very little extra cost if you plan for it ahead of time. Changing the inverter really it is a complete loss of the initial investment.

Perhaps we think about these things more in the US than people do in the EU, but your van can also become your ability to survive disasters when things do not always work out so well.

Every year here we have fire season and my town has been surrounded on 3 sides by significant fires in the past.

Earthquakes do not happen in a season, but they do happen here so preparation is something we do - and a vehicle like yours with the larger inverter vs smaller one can make a difference sometimes.

To be honest I think a 500 watt inverter is something that people buy because the number sounds big.

Let's do an analogy. If the power in a a typical outlet in an apartment in Europe is = to 1 euro, then this inverter is = to 20 cents.

I am pretty sure that it will not even have enough power to re-charge a drill battery.

Last edited:
About the MPPT, why did you replace with a Growatt??
Thanks

I replaced one of the Renogy Rovers with a Growatt because the Growatt is an all-in-one charge controller + inverter. I also got more solar panels and storage capacity that the Growatt can handle, which the Renogy would have been maxxed out.

Updating my diagram. I just upload a '.pdf' and a '.png'
What do you think about wires, fuses and connections ?
SolarSystemTruck_v7_2_share.png
Thanks

Edited: fixing some errors...

Attachments

• SolarSystemTruck_v7_2_share.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back