diy solar

diy solar

Off grid people ill-prepared

You guys still don't get it.
Different culture here, we think totally differently in Oz.

The certain way to lose yourself an election in the US is to suggest enforcing stricter gun control.

The certain way to lose an election in Australia is to suggest more relaxed gun laws.
The gun lobby people here have been trying for years, and every one of their candidates ends up getting about 1% of the vote.

Its just totally inconceivable to any American.
They just cannot understand how anyone could not love guns and shooting things for fun.
But that is how it is over here.
Not right or wrong, just different.

True.

In the aftermath of a disaster, either natural or man made, over here the rescue and first responders are on the scene practically immediately.
Zero weapons, no shooting, little or no looting.

In the US, the area first needs to be secured with overwhelming force.
Snipers shoot at media and rescue helicopters, and its a very dangerous business, because the looters and crazies are armed.
Even FEMA have been reported robbing people at gun point.
Sure you need a gun in a situation like that, no argument.

But I know which country I would rather be in durung a disaster/survival situation.

It gets pretty crazy here sometimes.

In 2005 we had a riot that involved THOUSANDS of people and went on continuously over several days.
Really serious stuff, and our Law Enforcement showed magnificent restraint.
Not a single shot was fired and nobody died.

If the same thing happened in the US there would very likely have been hundreds of fatalities, helicopter gunships, SWAT sniper teams, the works.

Read all about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cronulla_riots

Its interesting psychology though.
Americans in America feel a lot safer owning a gun, even though the murder rate in the US is proportionally (per 100,000 people) about fifteen times higher than here. Americans say they would not feel safe here without their gun and don't want to come here for that reason.

To be perfectly honest, if I lived in the US I would probably own a gun, but here its just totally unnecessary.

The shootings here are just about always criminals shooting other criminals, biker turf wars, the drug scene that type of thing.

But it's not like a war zone. That's just a dramatization.
I will agree that it is getting worse. But that's because law enforcement hands are being tied. They are afraid of getting in trouble for doing anything, these days.
And punishments are not fitting the crimes, currently.
It will all get worked out. When more people get fed up with the silliness.
Until then, I am prepared to take care of my own. (If necessary)

Its getting worse everywhere.
Not so sure about it all getting worked out, but I hope you are right.

France is in flames these days, the French are really pissed with their Government.
But I don't think there is much killing, just a lot of spectacular property damage, which is the way we let off steam here too.

The last couple of generations, here. Have seemed to lost appreciation for the value of life.
Nobody throws fists, anymore.
Don't get me wrong. There is a limit to what I will put up with. Before I decide that a permanent solution is valid.
But, that bar is very low for too many people these days.

Have to agree.
You cannot impose morality on people, it is a product of upbringing and culture, and the spirit within.
You are a 100% correct, we do not have a gun problem in the us the gun is only a tool we have a societal problem and intel we fix that it’s not going to get any better removing one tool of many possible tools wouldn’t accomplish anything significant another tool would be used and people would be more vulnerable

god made man and woman, Samuel colt made man and woman equal

We Aussies will watch with great fascination what happens in the US with all those guns.
The spirit of freedom is what you need to look out for. Combined with arms, it's a force best to not challenge on any home land.

But in the US real life people are still being shot dead in huge numbers.
And no doubt even larger numbers are very severely wounded or crippled.
Beats concentration camps for the unvaccinated and all of the other onerous Oz gov’t overreaches. Not to mention if you discount criminals shooting each other and suicide, the US is very safe.

Back