diy solar

diy solar

Ordered from Aliexpress, now they are asking me to pay $170 more for shipping?

the4machin3

Not much more to add than the title. Ordered 8 cells and now they are saying due to freight increases they need me to make up the extra $170. Is this normal? Should I cancel or open a complaint with aliexpress? I paid through Paypal, so I have some recourse there if needed. Anyone encounter this before? Thanks in advance.

No if they do not add the cost into the price at check out then it is a scam, get your money back if you can.

Are there any trustworthy sellers? Any recommended?

The only one I know with a long track record is here ....

I agree with the others .... don't reward this kind of behavior from sellers .... or we deserve what we get. Cancel the order and don't let them talk you out of it.

Reward the good ones like Amy Wan

Sellers mistake. They can eat it, full refund, or you can pay if there is no better deal to be found.
Have the batteries shipped?

Sellers mistake. They can eat it, full refund, or you can pay if there is no better deal to be found.
Have the batteries shipped?
I don’t think they have shipped. I told them to ship them at my original order price (i.e. what I have already paid) or I will cancel. I guess we’ll see where it goes. I paid via PayPal so hopefully I won’t get totally screwed on this. First (and perhaps last) aliexpress order. ?

I don’t think they have shipped. I told them to ship them at my original order price (i.e. what I have already paid) or I will cancel. I guess we’ll see where it goes. I paid via PayPal so hopefully I won’t get totally screwed on this. First (and perhaps last) aliexpress order. ?
.... but, they have already showed themselves to be untrustworthy ...... what kind of fight will you have if they ship you cells that work but have damage or low capacity?

Here's a possibility. I've ordered from them and am currently capacity testing. But so far all seems good. Sanben Global Battery Store.

Received what appears to be true, brand new, Eve cells, that seem to be a set of 8. Expensive though. $1250 for 8 x 280. QR code attached. That price was several months ago. Now $1300.

I may try Amy next though.

Attachments

• LF280 QR.jpg
    LF280 QR.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 4
Dont pay.

If they are genuine and made a mistake will take a loss and send them or they will cancel the sale and Aliexpress will refund your money after a time

How did they request the extra funds be paid? Through Aliexpress or direct to them?
If direct, message Aliexpress immediately.

I doubt if you are able to cancel the order after payment has been approved. Aliexpress wont pay the vendor until the goods are received. (probably immediately upon getting your 'items received' notice or a set period from the tracking details...not sure exactly)

Try for a refund through PayPal.

Here's a possibility. I've ordered from them and am currently capacity testing. But so far all seems good. Sanben Global Battery Store.

Received what appears to be true, brand new, Eve cells, that seem to be a set of 8. Expensive though. $1250 for 8 x 280. QR code attached. That price was several months ago. Now $1300.

I may try Amy next though.
I placed an order with Sanben Global Battery 320 aH cells June 2021. Received in the same good packaging as the rest of the sellers I’ve purchased from after about 9 weeks. They have welded studs. 62% were swollen 3mm or 1/8”. Capacity tested at 314 aH. That’s acceptable to me, but they should be advertised as 310 aH and not be swollen. Total $185/ea.

In case anyone is wondering…Blmpow is telling me that if I open a dispute they will refund. I can’t open a dispute for a couple more days, so it’s yet to be seen if they will keep their word. I did pay through PayPal so I still have that option of dispute. I have ordered through Amy of Shenzhen Luyuan, and I feel good about that…able to message her directly and get a quote.

One more update, just so if anyone cares they have the information…I did receive a refund from Blmpow. Once I was able to open a dispute they refunded me right away. So, I’m happy with that, but obviously annoyed that they tried to gouge me in the first place. Right before I cancelled they offered to only raise the price $45. This would have been a good deal based on what I was paying for 400AH of battery, but I was already too skeptical of getting a good battery based on their shady tactics. In the end I’m getting 304AH from Amy for a higher price per AH but I feel a like she has a solid reputation around this forum. Probably will take half a year to get here though based on the backups with container ships.

One final update for anyone wondering if you can order cells off Alibaba and actually get a good deal. As I stated above I ordered from Amy of Shenzhen Luyuan (many on this forum have listed her as a reliable seller). Well, it took two full months (surely the shipping crisis affecting this) but they arrived very well packaged and within .001 volts of each other. I haven’t done any other testing, but they look new, all have QR code on them. They are a bit swollen, but it seems like that is in the parameters of normal (?). At least I hope so. Got a Daly BMS and making a crate battery like Will Prowse did on his YouTube channel. $677 for 302AH seems pretty good to me! (Just for the cells).D96A5518-ACD9-4372-9095-D36EF0B5C406.jpegF5BC448E-53D0-482E-BED4-7D7812DD9CFD.jpeg95352C8F-4880-4BB6-81F5-3509B15097FF.jpeg

Last edited:
My cells from Amy took 7 weeks well before the shipping crunch, so I think you came out on top.

Something that I didn't see mentioned that may have played a role, which might be of interest to someone stumbling upon this thread...

It is important for an Alibaba/Aliexpress buyer to understand shipping. If the shipping quoted is not DDP, there will be additional charges.

Unless you are an import pro and KNOW you can save money because you do it all the time handling it yourself, always, always, always order stuff from China shipped DDP.

I expect that's the way that Amy shipped.

One final update for anyone wondering if you can order cells off Alibaba and actually get a good deal. As I stated above I ordered from Amy of Shenzhen Luyuan (many on this forum have listed her as a reliable seller). Well, it took two full months (surely the shipping crisis affecting this) but they arrived very well packaged and within .001 volts of each other. I haven’t done any other testing, but they look new, all have QR code on them. They are a bit swollen, but it seems like that is in the parameters of normal (?). At least I hope so. Got a Daly BMS and making a crate battery like Will Prowse did on his YouTube channel. $677 for 302AH seems pretty good to me! (Just for the cells).View attachment 72843View attachment 72844View attachment 72845

Your cells are fine, swollen happens when you can not even fit a bus bar on it.

My cells from Amy took 7 weeks well before the shipping crunch, so I think you came out on top.

Something that I didn't see mentioned that may have played a role, which might be of interest to someone stumbling upon this thread...

It is important for an Alibaba/Aliexpress buyer to understand shipping. If the shipping quoted is not DDP, there will be additional charges.

Unless you are an import pro and KNOW you can save money because you do it all the time handling it yourself, always, always, always order stuff from China shipped DDP.

I expect that's the way that Amy shipped.
Yeah, I have no idea. What is DDP?

Basically, they're on the hook for it until it's at your door. They pay all associated shipping/customs fees (and charge you for it up front).

On a slight tangent. I'm trying to buy some more cells on Aliexpress, and one of the questions I always ask is, "Do you accept PayPal"
And I'm getting many sellers coming back with "We accept PayPal transfer"
So unless I'm mistaken, you have no redress with PayPal for a transfer. Once they have your money, it's down to trust, which is in short supply these days.

diy solar

diy solar
Back