diy solar

diy solar

Overkill BMS crashing

Flip

I recently had my batteries disconnected and now my BMS app isn't loading properly and crashes if I try to go into the settings. It's an Overkill solar 8s 24v 100a BMS.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, installed the newest version of the app from Overkills website and went back to the old version multiple times, rebooted the bluetooth using the fix button multiple times. Is anyone else having this issue? Any advice? Thanks.

Your thread title is a bit misleading. It isn't the BMS that is crashing, it is the app, right?

I've not had this problem, but it sounds like some of the apps data is corrupted, and the app doesn't have the checks to prevent it from trying to use them, which causes the crash. Are you on a iPhone or Android? I don't speak iPhone, but if it is an Android try this: Go into settings, then Apps. Find and select the BMS app. You should see "Storage and Cache". Select that, then touch clear cache. Go back and try the app. If that didn't work, repeat the steps but delete both the storage and the cache.

Your thread title is a bit misleading. It isn't the BMS that is crashing, it is the app, right?

I've not had this problem, but it sounds like some of the apps data is corrupted, and the app doesn't have the checks to prevent it from trying to use them, which causes the crash. Are you on a iPhone or Android? I don't speak iPhone, but if it is an Android try this: Go into settings, then Apps. Find and select the BMS app. You should see "Storage and Cache". Select that, then touch clear cache. Go back and try the app. If that didn't work, repeat the steps but delete both the storage and the cache.
I guess your right. The app is crashing. The app does load most of the time, but takes forever to populate the dashboard and locks up or crashes if I do anything else. I'm using an Android and also don't speak iPhone. ?
I'll try clearing the cache and see if that works. Thanks.

Clearing the cache worked!!! Thank you!
Do you know of any benefit or bugs in the latest version of the app? I currently have the old version installed. Going by the file name, I'd guess about 12 versions old.

I've kinda lost track. I'm running 3.1.1026. I thought that some versions didn't allow turning on/off the charge and discharge from the main screen, and the really old versions didn't show the individual cell voltages on the main screen. Just about the only thing I use the app for is to check the cell voltages, so that was one of my selling points. Aside from the initial setup, I pretty much never go to the other screens.

I've kinda lost track. I'm running 3.1.1026. I thought that some versions didn't allow turning on/off the charge and discharge from the main screen, and the really old versions didn't show the individual cell voltages on the main screen. Just about the only thing I use the app for is to check the cell voltages, so that was one of my selling points. Aside from the initial setup, I pretty much never go to the other screens.
Gotcha. I believe 1026 is the latest version. I'm running 1015. No buttons to switch charging and discharging, no battery levels on main screen, etc. I guess I'll install the latest version now that I know clearing the cache was my problem. I was starting to wonder if installing the new version was causing my issues. Thanks again.

I recently had my batteries disconnected and now my BMS app isn't loading properly and crashes if I try to go into the settings. It's an Overkill solar 8s 24v 100a BMS.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, installed the newest version of the app from Overkills website and went back to the old version multiple times, rebooted the bluetooth using the fix button multiple times. Is anyone else having this issue? Any advice? Thanks.
If you have it on another devise
you need to delete that too.
say like me you have it on your phone and 2 IPads. Try deleting from all devises.
I had a similar issue and it solved it.

I also had an issue when I went on vacation and came back my battery would not charge.
I suppose it went into overcharging one time and shut itself down.
I had to physically turn the red battery Button off. Then hit the Battery On button to get it to reconnect.
it seems to happen randomly now, even
if not overcharged. Not that often. Just throwing that out there.

But I would delete from a ll devices and get out of range from the Bluetooth to install. If still not working then most likely just your personal phone problem.

Back