diy solar

diy solar

Overkill BMS connecting Inverter = short circuit! Help!!

That would be low voltage protection. But 2.5kW would be 2 hours on a 100 Ah battery, so it can operate for a while.
50A draw should be OK.
So really i djust dont' know what was the cause of that issue.

You have turned off or disconnected the water heater before trying to reconnect the battery, silly question I know but...

You have turned off or disconnected the water heater before trying to reconnect the battery, silly question I know but...
yes did all that same thing battery just in fault SOC ,after disconnecting neagtive and positive wires from the battery, fault SOC remove and battery shows normal everytime i try connecting the positive and negative cables by turning off the BMS and breaker on the battery ,then turning everything back on which is the breaker and BMS it goes back to SOC mode.

Has this system ever worked, or is this your first time using the lithium battery with inverter?

Were you able to try precharging?

A 48V string of car batteries should also be able to power the inverter.
But if inverter has failed shorted, no BMS to interrupt the current so you'll need a way to disconnect it safely.

Has this system ever worked, or is this your first time using the lithium battery with inverter?

Were you able to try precharging?

A 48V string of car batteries should also be able to power the inverter.
But if inverter has failed shorted, no BMS to interrupt the current so you'll need a way to disconnect it safely.
oh yes the system has been working fine just encountered that issue for the first time but i am not getting error on the inveter so i am thinking inverter should be fine still working with solar panels and utlity just can recognize battery with the error 69 which is battery not connected .

did the precharge let a bulb with auto volatage connected for over a minute then after try connecting negative got sort circuit as before .got a friend to bring me an inverter to see if it is inverter or battery apparently it work with his inverter ,do you think the problem is in pic attach .

Attachments

• photo_2023-10-24 09.25.12.jpeg
    photo_2023-10-24 09.25.12.jpeg
    787.1 KB · Views: 14
If bulb remained lit for a minute, then it seems like inverter is shorted.

"Auto voltage" meaning 12V? OK to test for shorts, not sufficient to precharge for 48V battery.
A 120V bulb (or four 12V bulbs in series) would work for 48V.

Friend's inverter works? Or at least precharges until light goes out? But yours does not?
Sounds like your inverter is dead. Did it ever work? Might it have ever been connected backwards?

Inverter working all like now just dont recgonize the battery and gets SC when battery connected.It working with Solar now.

If bulb remained lit for a minute, then it seems like inverter is shorted.

"Auto voltage" meaning 12V? OK to test for shorts, not sufficient to precharge for 48V battery.
A 120V bulb (or four 12V bulbs in series) would work for 48V.

Friend's inverter works? Or at least precharges until light goes out? But yours does not?
Sounds like your inverter is dead. Did it ever work? Might it have ever been connected backwards?
i am thinking iverter i sshorted

I'm not sure of the internal architecture. It appears the battery input is shorted (if light bulb for precharge remains on indefinitely, and battery reports short circuit), but PV to AC path works.

If battery input terminals are different impedance from another identical working unit, that suggests something is wrong. Compare apples to apples, each inverter identically connected (or not) to PV and loads.

I'm not sure of the internal architecture. It appears the battery input is shorted (if light bulb for precharge remains on indefinitely, and battery reports short circuit), but PV to AC path works.

If battery input terminals are different impedance from another identical working unit, that suggests something is wrong. Compare apples to apples, each inverter identically connected (or not) to PV and loads.
here is what i use to precharge check pics out, who that have been sufficient

Attachments

• photo_2023-10-24 10.05.31.jpeg
    photo_2023-10-24 10.05.31.jpeg
    503.9 KB · Views: 5
  • photo_2023-10-24 10.05.43.jpeg
    photo_2023-10-24 10.05.43.jpeg
    463.4 KB · Views: 5
Have a DMM or volt meter?
Useful to monitor and diagnose.

Can anyone give me the step by step method please of the precharging thank you.

Can anyone give me the step by step method please of the precharging thank you.
Can use one of those resistors please thank you.

Attachments

• photo_2023-10-24 13.43.23.jpeg
    photo_2023-10-24 13.43.23.jpeg
    732.6 KB · Views: 10
Here's how to build it into a switch:

All you do with the light bulb is use it to complete circuit between cable terminal and stud. If light glows then slowly goes dim and goes out, time to put terminal on stud.

Sure, those resistors should work. What resistance values?

Back