diy solar

diy solar

Unresponsive JBD/Overkill

PhilJ

4s Lifepo4 200a cells with JBD/Overkill 120a BMS, with Bluetooth dongle.

Just disconnected my the battery from my vehicle, +ve 1st then -ve, all balance wires remained connected to their respective terminals.

On reconnecting I ended up disconnecting the balance wire from the +ve terminal, then reconnecting at the same time as connecting the load.

The BMS now appears to be dead. No lights on and nothing through the app.

Have I bust my BMS?

Perhaps, I always disconnect the balance leads connector at the BMS before working on the cells.
If you need a new BMS try,
Pay extra for air shipment, about a week to the UK, pay with PayPal.

Or Fogstar, UK company,

Mike

Perhaps, I always disconnect the balance leads connector at the BMS before working on the cells.
If you need a new BMS try,
Pay extra for air shipment, about a week to the UK, pay with PayPal.

Or Fogstar, UK company,

Mike
Cheers Mike; what by what mechanism do you think it would have failed?

These JBD BMS’s do not just fail. I have used / sold about 20 of various sizes and not a single failure. Disconnect everything and start over. Check all connections and make sure that the BT is connected. Go into settings and verify all. May the ‘discharge FET‘ is turned on , so no output.

These JBD BMS’s do not just fail. I have used / sold about 20 of various sizes and not a single failure. Disconnect everything and start over. Check all connections and make sure that the BT is connected. Go into settings and verify all. May the ‘discharge FET‘ is turned on , so no output.
I'm not suggesting it just failed, I'm wondering if there's anything that I've done that could have caused it to fail? Eg disconnecting/reconnecting the red balance wire whilst still attached to the BMS and load?

Checked all the connections; still nothing from the BMS.

You have removed all loads and reset the BMS by pulling the sense connectors, waiting a bit, then reconnecting the sense wires?

Back