diy solar

diy solar

Overkill BMS incorrect amp hours

stevelex

(I have looked in the overkill BMS manual and did not find an answer)

Yesterday I had an issue with a loose nut on a cell. This caused some wanky readings on my overkill BMS app.

Each cell is now working fine and the battery appears to be working fine.

However, the overkill BMS app is no longer showing the correct % state of charge. See attached photo. Should be over 85% I think at that voltage, maybe higher.

I thought this would simply resolve itself, but so far, no change. I do not want to overcharge my battery.

How can I get the overkill BMS to recognize or display correctly the state of charge?

Attachments

• IMG-0695.PNG
    IMG-0695.PNG
    366.8 KB · Views: 41
With the Android app, on the page 'function settings' there is a 'reset capacity' option.
The BMS is preloaded with cell voltage values corresponding to 20,40,60,80 % capacity.
Adjusting these in the 'parameters' page of the app to match the values in the resources section of the forum may give more accurate results.
Hope this helps.

Mike

I thought this would simply resolve itself, but so far, no change. I do not want to overcharge my battery.
I have the Overkill 8S and it will cut off when the first cell reaches 3.65 volts no matter what the SOC is. The LVD and HVD are determined by the voltage of the cells, and those settings chosen. The default settings are 2.5 volts and 3.65 volts. So you can't overcharge or over discharge as long as the BMS is working properly. As suggested try to reset the capacity.

OP HERE.

Solution was to unplug battery wires and plug back in.
Bit late jumping on to this thread but hopefully you can help. I’m having the same issue, when you say unplug battery wires do you mean the thin balance wires to each cell??

Bit late jumping on to this thread but hopefully you can help. I’m having the same issue, when you say unplug battery wires do you mean the thin balance wires to each cell??
usually i unplug the part that slots into the BMS, because it’s much easier

1634286605233.jpeg

fairly sure the white plastic part is a JST-XH plug if you ever damage it and need to find a replacement

the B- connection cannot provide power if it’s the only thing connected

disconnecting the white JST-XH connector should remove power from the BMS

Back