diy solar

diy solar

Overland build

Franks55

Looking for what battery to use for an Overland truck build I would like feedback on the12volt Big battery or Battle Born looking to ditch my AGM batteries

I know a lot of people have had good success (including me) in making your own using the 280ah cells that are immensely popular.
I have three now for my 5th wheel. (840ah total which is equivalent to 8 100ah battle borns) just one 12v battery made from them fits in a group 31 battery case and weighs only 50#. It's a good compact package that is flexible enough to fit in any number of nooks and crannies on your build. cost wise it is also a win. My cost to build each battery is around $675.

they are in a 5th wheel; so no engine. I use them just as a house battery bank. if you're using LiFePO4 as a start battery on a diesel I would look carefully at how much current you would be pulling thru the batteries for that. My truck/tow vehicle (3500HD) has two batteries for that very reason. (rather than a conventional 8D bat). For your build I would consider having a separate house bank rather than combine it with your start battery.

Back