diy solar

diy solar

Please show me your EVE LF280K 2-hole packs

N1ESE

If you have built a pack using the new EVE LF280K cells featuring the new, dual stud, terminals, please show me some of your photos and are you using the standard bus bars that came with the cells or one of the flexible bar options from aliexpress?

I just pre-ordered 8 cells from the next batch arriving at 18650batterystore.com around Oct. 25th to build my first ever lifepo4 pack. I don't recall seeing any pics or videos of these new cells assembled yet so I'm curious how they are working out.

Last edited:
By dual studs, do you mean that each terminal has two studs, or each cell has two studs? I have four built packs from EVE lf280k with two studs per cell. Initially, I had built them as milk crate builds, but I have removed them from the crates to save space. I have plenty of pics of both configurations.

By dual studs, do you mean that each terminal has two studs, or each cell has two studs? I have four built packs from EVE lf280k with two studs per cell. Initially, I had built them as milk crate builds, but I have removed them from the crates to save space. I have plenty of pics of both configurations.
OP is referring to the EVE terminals:
EVE battery terminals.jpeg

Ah, ok. I've seen these, but I got my cells before these came out. Didn't occur to me, since they don't have studs, yet.

Well, I placed my order from 18650 on Monday afternoon thinking they wouldn't ship til next Month because it said Oct. 25th ETA but they are arriving tomorrow. Excited is an understatement. They must have had some left from the last batch.

Is there a reason you went to bolts. I have 16 on there way, would like to know the best way to install bus bars. Should I spend another 120 bucks for flexible bus bars?

Is there a reason you went to bolts. I have 16 on there way, would like to know the best way to install bus bars. Should I spend another 120 bucks for flexible bus bars?

The studs and nuts were cumbersome.

I did use the rigid bus bars but haven't been on the road with the setup.

Appreciate the feedback, sounds like something you need to experience in real life. I know from being a mechanic, studs were always stronger. I think I will wait for UPS to deliver and experience what seems best. I am watching videos on compression and box creation, seems like as long as you take your time, everything should work out.

Maybe the studs supplied were low quality?

I was mildly concerned about a stud bottoming out. And it was annoying backing off a nut and the stud wanted to come with it.

I can understand strength but we are torquing to inch lbs.

The thread holes on the terminal goes all the way through. Let the stud go to far it's going penetrate the battery case.

If you have built a pack using the new EVE LF280K cells featuring the new, dual stud, terminals, please show me some of your photos and are you using the standard bus bars that came with the cells or one of the flexible bar options from aliexpress?

I just pre-ordered 8 cells from the next batch arriving at 18650batterystore.com around Oct. 25th to build my first ever lifepo4 pack. I don't recall seeing any pics or videos of these new cells assembled yet so I'm curious how they are working out.

Haven't actually built my pack yet, but here's a picture of how it will look. I'm going to cut the supplied copper busbars down, and tap an M5 hole for the BMS leads.

Battery Pack.jpg

Maybe a double stud, like this ( https://belmetric.com/m6x23-torx-dr...MI1YLMuYfy-wIV5SitBh01rApnEAQYBSABEgIlkPD_BwE ) would help. Bottom portion stays solid in hole, top part is all yours for nuts on top.

I was recently looking for something like that in the UK, but couldn't quite find anything suitable, I'll just use the studs and be careful - I'm a mechanic, so hopefully that's a good thing.

Your bus bars look very good where did you get them?

Also liked the spacing between columns, which I have done that in my battery, good for vent cells.

My only concern are the wider bus bars, those will have less resistance, I would have the 4 bolts but the bars would be same wide.

I have done like you and used a peace of plastic under the studs.

By the way is your JK BMS jumps a lot in cells voltage ignore it, calibrate mine with an 5.5 digits multimeter and the cells values are more stable then BMS shows.

Congrats very nice battery.

Your bus bars look very good where did you get them?

Also liked the spacing between columns, which I have done that in my battery, good for vent cells.

My only concern are the wider bus bars, those will have less resistance, I would have the 4 bolts but the bars would be same wide.

I have done like you and used a peace of plastic under the studs.

By the way is your JK BMS jumps a lot in cells voltage ignore it, calibrate mine with an 5.5 digits multimeter and the cells values are more stable then BMS shows.

Congrats very nice battery.

I got them from Ali-express, see attached screenshot.

Surely lower resistance is better, even if its only between two cells, its part of the circuit so just adds to the total resistance. You can't have the same width busbar across the pack, the distance across the outer edges of the holes is 23mm, meaning you have to have a busbar which is wider, or use two 10mm busbars.

Haven't noticed the voltage jumping around whenever I've looked at the BMS.

Attachments

• BusBar Order.jpg
    BusBar Order.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 64
Back