diy solar

diy solar

Poll: How was your experience with signature solar?

If you purchased products from Signature Solar, what was your experience?

• Fantastic! I have not had any issues

• I had an issue but they fixed it

• I had issues and will not purchase from them again

• I have never purchased through signature solar

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm doing the same poll on YouTube and going to compare the results:
View attachment 147673
The arrival part usually is not an issue… it’s the customer support. If no issue ever arises, most people give 5 stars, however, it is important to note, WHEN an issue arises, if you can actually count on their support. So far, I have found you can’t. Options in answering should be able to reflect that. You’ll see, most people that had issues, are not happy with support.

The arrival part usually is not an issue… it’s the customer support. If no issue ever arises, most people give 5 stars, however, it is important to note, WHEN an issue arises, if you can actually count on their support. So far, I have found you can’t. Options in answering should be able to reflect that. You’ll see, most people that had issues, are not happy with support.
Do tell us more about your issues, even better show evidence of the poor support you have received.

Ps. Welcome to the forum

Been 2.5 weeks with an issue I'm having with 1 out of 3 EG4 ACs. Finally got an email 5 days ago after I contacted CS a 2nd time . I responded with all of their picture requests and submitted it monday, got no response. Have written twice since got no response

I purchased 20 Boviet 400w panels, two EG4 EX6500's and 6 Lifepower batteries and haven't had an issue.

The setup as been running 24/7 for almost two months now. I did install a window AC to keep things a little cooler in the NV heat...but that seems to be working too.

Have 12 panels putting out 22-24 kw/hr per day right now. Powers almost everything in the house but the Central AC units.

Have another 6 panels to install and expect another 11-12 kw/hr of production. My dump spots are an EV car and an window unit AC that pulls 1000 watts/hr.

PS - I will say that it's a very big deal to get your own system up and running. It's similar to building your own car. You can buy all the parts, but it comes down to you doing it right on the install. If you take your time and go slow, it works out well. Much better than paying some 'professional' to do the same thing for 3X the price. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
PS - I will say that it's a very big deal to get your own system up and running. It's similar to building your own car. You can buy all the parts, but it comes down to you doing it right on the install. If you take your time and go slow, it works out well. Much better than paying some 'professional' to do the same thing for 3X the price. Just my opinion.
The moment you go down this road (any kind of self-reliance), it's at that moment ... On You! You become the power plant. If the lights go off, no one but you is going to rescue you.

I ordered the full 6 battery package over the 4th of July. Got an email the next day about the rack being backordered.
I've received the batteries, but the rack is still backordered with a communication stating it being 2-3 more weeks out.
I've got my AHJ inspection on Aug 7th. Gonna be hard to fully commission my system if I can't hook the batteries up. Yeah, I can do a single and at least get it functioning or I could try to rig something up temporary but w/o the busbars it's gonna be a large copper cost. But I'd end up guessing on the wire lengths so I can get it all done in one shot.

Hoping they come through and get it here.

so looking at the poll results in this light there is (so far) a 54% chance you will need support and a 25% chance that, if support is needed, support will fail the customer (in the customers opinion)

so looking at the poll results in this light there is (so far) a 54% chance you will need support and a 25% chance that, if support is needed, support will fail the customer (in the customers opinion)
From those that responded, sure. Poles like this are very slanted. What brought anyone here that voted? How many people without issues won't ever see the pole? How many people are ford folk who voted against chevy?

From those that responded, sure. Poles like this are very slanted. What brought anyone here that voted? How many people without issues won't ever see the pole? How many people are ford folk who voted against chevy?

I ordered the full 6 battery package over the 4th of July. Got an email the next day about the rack being backordered.
I've received the batteries, but the rack is still backordered with a communication stating it being 2-3 more weeks out.
I've got my AHJ inspection on Aug 7th. Gonna be hard to fully commission my system if I can't hook the batteries up. Yeah, I can do a single and at least get it functioning or I could try to rig something up temporary but w/o the busbars it's gonna be a large copper cost. But I'd end up guessing on the wire lengths so I can get it all done in one shot.

Hoping they come through and get it here.
8/15 and still 'two weeks' away.
We've crossed a month and they're sending emails over to write a review on the transaction that happened 40+ days ago.

Having watched the comments here about SS in the past few months, it appears they have the same issues that many growing tech companies have, especially those who were growing just before the .com bubble broke in the early 2000s. Overall reasonable products, but with glitches or problems that are not well understood except by the best technical experts. Those who can answer them are here in the forum and not working for them, and a tech support job in customer service does not attract the best of the best, nor can they currently afford to grow quickly and hire good talent. (Or so it appears).

The difference here is that SS doesn't make their own products as opposed to a software company, and as such they can't actually fix any real problems, only work with their suppliers.

I have no idea about SS's structure or ownership model (although I suspect they are a private company), nor do I expect a bubble to burst in the industry. If they want to grow, they may want to do what many software companies have done, and look for venture capital. The difference here is that in the software business, if you are good, venture capitalists will come to you, whereas in the solar industry, which is relatively small, you probably have to seek it out. And in Texas, that *may* be harder being an oil state. Additionally, as SS holds no intellectual property of their own, relative to that which a successful software company would have, that may change the discussion with a venture capitalist somewhat.

I'd probably use said capital to grow the tech support and customer service side of the business.

Again, I have no insight into the internals of the company. I only see signs similar to my knowledge of the software business.

My experience with them is that the UL listed cells in an EG4 battery were not good enough for my AHJ, and have to get the UL listed 48V at my shipping expense. I have returned the 24V battery and will soon purchase the 48V UL model

I just realized something about Signature Solar that affects my comments above.

Signature Solar sells EG4 Electronics products. EG4 was started by the same person who started Signature Solar, and they have the same address in Sulphur Springs, TX.

So while my comment above about SS not owning intellectual property is technically true, they work at the same address as those who (presumably) design EG4 products. So with EG4 products at least, the situation is blurred. But as EG4 products are built in China, that is definitely a concern. That plus SS's rapid growth contributes to the problems people encounter.

diy solar

diy solar
Back