diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500ex parallel - I am done with Signature Solar

That's the typical way of marking the neutral.
And meets code for #4 and larger conductors.
I would be more concerned that those conductors are not protected in conduit. But maybe that's just temporary.
Conduit will happen after I find out the final configuration....I have 150 feet of service drop to bury, and then final wiring of the sub-panel. So this generator thing is a real distraction. I literally need to be stuffing wires in pipes not screwing around with something that should have been simple.

I am so completely grateful for the help I got on this board.

Chargeverter can put out 75 amps more than the mean well. I'd stick with the chargeverter. The plus side of the mean well is it works with stuff other than 48 volts but if your doing 48 volts only I'd stick with the chargeverter. Also you can control the power output on the chargeverter which makes it compatible with a wide range of generators.
Thank you so much!!!!

Chargeverter can put out 75 amps more than the mean well. I'd stick with the chargeverter. The plus side of the mean well is it works with stuff other than 48 volts but if your doing 48 volts only I'd stick with the chargeverter. Also you can control the power output on the chargeverter which makes it compatible with a wide range of generators.
I came home last night and changed setting 1 to USB. I am now charging from my generator.

You solved the problem!!!!!

Thank you so much!

View attachment 184501

Well I got everything wired up, and it won't charge from the generator. I have spent at least 8 hours on hold with Signature Solar, and cannot find a single tech who will tell me the same settings to get this thing to work. When I fire up the generator the inverters show 120v sitting there, but the battery does not charge. One tech told me that gas generators can't be used with parallel systems. That was interesting. Quite literally no two techs will give me the same settings. I sort of think there is a problem with the inverters, but I can't tell because nobody knows what combination of settings to use to charge from a generator.

I am tearing this out. Does anyone have a recommendation of a comparably sized split phase system? I am done with Signature Solar, they just don't have their act together.
To the op, I'm sorry there are so few helpful ppl on here. Saddens me to read this thread of someone coming to the community for help, only to be mocked and berated by the "senior" members. The toxicity and elitism of these ppl is inexcusable and just sad.

Back