diy solar

diy solar

POP Quiz! pumps & solar

even after the wiring was correctly changed to 120V, the pump would not start. Turns out that the float was controlled by a contactor with a 220V coil. once I replaced it with a 2 pole 120V contactor, it works fine. Now I want to power it with the off grid solar circuit, while keeping the float control intact. can i just reroute the black [hot] wire to the solar system, and keep the neutral wire as is? The solar system is stand alone.
I dont understand what you are asking me about routing hot only to solar.

the pump and the floats are running off the grid now. I have a 120V circuit in the well house from an off grid solar system. Trying to figure out how to wire the pump to it, and keep the float in control of the on/off.

Now I want to power it with the off grid solar circuit, while keeping the float control intact. can i just reroute the black [hot] wire to the solar system, and keep the neutral wire as is? The solar system is stand alone.
No, the power system would need both its hot and neutral to work, so you'd have to connect up both of those. Basically replace the Hot & Neutral from the current breaker panel to the Hot & Neutral from the solar system.

Back