diy solar

diy solar

Portable Induction Cooktop

If anyone has info about the power draw of a permanently-installed induction cooktop, I'd appreciate it if you could post it please.

My wife is adamant about having no gas in the new house and wants induction. BTW, she just bought a portable induction cooktop for the current house, but it's still in the box. She plans to pull it out today so I'll measure and report back.

I just loaded up the stats on my oven+cooktop shared circuit. Combined draw of the wall oven (just a digital clock) and 30” IKEA induction cooktop (this one just needs to power touch screen, it uses a lot of relays inside to disconnect various pieces) is below what Emporia deigns to consider power draw.

Well I blew the thermal cutoff fuse I had bought to fix the p3 meter while soldering it in place :(

After my temper cools off a bit I will go back and put a normal fuse in its place....

Ok p3 fixed via bypassing thermal fuse. Here's what I got with the cooktop off.

off.jpgoff2.jpg

It would cycle between reading .4 watts and 0 watts.

Next is turned on and then turned off. The cooling fan runs while its cooling down from being turned on. So this is with the fan running while it is shutting down.

coolingfan1.jpg

coolingfan2.jpg

So basically it doesn't pull enough power fully off to make any difference over a long period of time. Even with the cooling fan running its pretty low power usage wise.

Video showing idle consumption of our older induction cooktop; ~55VA.
Video is 4 minutes long but section showing cooktop idle is about :57 to 1:15

Back