diy solar

diy solar

Possible Solution for Sol-Ark Revenue Grade Meter: Brultech ECM-1240

Think About It

Solar Enthusiast
Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Brultech ECM-1240? It's ANSI C.12 compliant as a Revenue Grade Meter. It might work great as an interim solution for a Sol-Ark 15 as it can accommodate two sets of 200A CTs.

The system with four 200A CT's is just over $500.

My cheap and easy solution mounted next to the inverter. Meets all requirements bi directional revenue grade. eBay less than $100.

Attachments

• 24FF8790-C437-45EA-91D6-F46C0DB0FF88.jpeg
    24FF8790-C437-45EA-91D6-F46C0DB0FF88.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
My cheap and easy solution mounted next to the inverter. Meets all requirements bi directional revenue grade. eBay less than $100.
That's going to monitor the power going to and from the grid and to the load? You need two meters and to add the difference.

That's going to monitor the power going to and from the grid and to the load? You need two meters and to add the difference.
It will give you the net usage either positive or negative. Our agreement only states a revenue grade meter be present for this number (grid use or sell). It is not necessary for load measurement specifically if that makes sense. We installed as a requirement but in the 9 yrs in operation not once has anyone requested or looked at this data. I believe this was a requirement for our SREC payments. Now I also have another independent energy monitor on my system where I can see exactly what my loads, PV production and grid usage is but it is not revenue grade. It took me some time to get it calibrated but I have it within +\- 2-3 kWh per month which is pretty close. Obviously your regulations are different. Are you required to report this data monthly? We were just required to have it in place if the data was requested. I like the above solution and if my old energy monitor ever craps out I would take a serious look at this there is a cheaper way to do it. If you have the funds available I would probably purchase it as the data would be accurate even if Sol Ark had revenue grade CTs. I have attached a screenshot of my energy monitoring system.

Attachments

• B0AA05AE-20A7-4C44-8014-4913D355EFFD.jpeg
    B0AA05AE-20A7-4C44-8014-4913D355EFFD.jpeg
    618.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Back