diy solar

diy solar

PowerPro availability

My charges where from signature solar. First time dealing with them. I hope this order ships out soon.

It's even more fun with a $45,000 costco visa charge that already hit my billing cycle... not a "pending" charge

I agree, SS has treated me well in the past and each item I got was what I asked for. The items that did not ship well were replaced quickly.
I don’t suspect this order will have a different outcome. If by chance this ends up as a fraud situation I pity the fool there. Between lawsuits and the fact lots of folks who do DIY projects are willing to drive the time to pay a personal visit to resolve as they saw fit.
Just to be clear, I wasn't suspecting SS of fraud, only the other website that was recently opened a few months ago.

Odd that multiple companies are charging immediately, but not shipping.. despite saying they weren't going to do so.

Spoke to SS customer service... I was told the stickers arrived and they're being placed on batteries starting today. They are hoping to have all orders shipped by Oct 6th.
Good news if true! SS = Signature Solar or Solar Sovereign?
Didn't realize they were just stickers on the UL version, figured it was an imprint or something.

With how much these certifications are rumored to cost.. they should come with some pretty significant papers of authenticity. I want a binder of fancy looking stock certificate type papers with signatures from the UL testing team.

I wish at the very least they release the certs, brochures or something so I can show them to my local permitting department. Save some time in getting this going.

Last edited:
Thanks to everybody for confirming my concern about charging credit cards weeks before product is shipped.

Any conformation about post #29, stickers have arrived and shipping will begin?

Keep seeing new EG4 retailers: Solar Sovereign, Renewable Home, Solar Guys, and now The Home Upgrade. Can anybody just through up a website, collect CC payments and sell EG4 drop shipped from SS?

The Home Upgrade, shipping Policy: "This email serves as an indication that we have pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. After receiving your order, we promptly contact our suppliers to confirm the availability of the item(s) for immediate shipment. If the item(s) you ordered is on backorder or unavailable, we will cancel the pre-authorization and inform you via email.", "Exclusions apply on certain products that may be made to order, waiting to be restocked, and pre-orders." They still don't tell you "we charge your card upfront for pre-orders".

Last week Google ads show get by October 6 or 7th, now they say October 12 or 13th.

I called back today to check on status and customer service told me the stickers HAD NOT arrived.. they said around Oct 6th they should get them and ship out mid october. This is really frustrating when the CS rep told me last week they HAD received them and would have orders shipped by Oct 6th.... can someone at Signature Solar please explain which story is true? @SignatureSolarJames

we have had a string of delays on the stickers to mark with, there was a delay. if all you need is 9540A the units can ship immediately
If it’s just the stickers; Is there any documentation for UL9540. I’m afraid to submit my plans until I have this. I already got a red flag on my current submissions

Seems like powerpro-pending-UL9540 is out of stock now.

Edit: back in stock now

Last edited:
Any new rumors for the PowerPro?
Problems with certification process?
Misspellings on the label?
These batteries are heavy and we are having trouble putting on the labels?
Post Office lost the labels and we had to reorder?
Anything?
Just asking.

Any new rumors for the PowerPro?
Problems with certification process?
Misspellings on the label?
These batteries are heavy and we are having trouble putting on the labels?
Post Office lost the labels and we had to reorder?
Anything?
Just asking.
All of the above :p

I hope it happens by the end of this week guys. But I have a feeling it won’t. Rather than hope for the best I am ready to accept the wait for another week.

I have heard that there is an expectation of the 18th for the certs, but not sure how solid that is.

My county only needs 9540A. But they would like me to submit the 9540A certificate in the permit application. Where I can get it?
I wish there was I am waiting for the certs, documents, anything. This feels worse than a child waiting for Christmas. I guess your inner child always stays with you :p

Is anyone concerned about having their credit card charged and then having to wait weeks or more than a month to receive their Powerpro? I have orders for one Powerpro at both Renewable Home Solutions and Solar Sovereign. Both companies charged my card at the time of order, when their shipping policy states only "pre-authorized your credit card", and "order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship".

Shenanigans!
Same here from Solar Sovereign... I've been waiting on Power Pro UL batteries since 8-17-23.... I've been told the UL certification has been held up and that's the problem.

diy solar

diy solar
Back