diy solar

diy solar

PowMr, Sunsmart SP5K, firmware

JGuss

I have the ipower software connected to both units. Just need to have a local file to update the firmware. Need to due this to update firmware on one of the units to resolve fault code 42 when attempting to run parallel with split phase 240. Does anyone have this? Customer support is not helpful…running both signal currently but not ideal due to not sharing current load / possibly bucking dc voltage on batteries. Can’t wire pv up to both units yet either. Thank you in advance!!!

To clarify, this is the one that allows up to 6 in parallel for 30kw.
I currently only have two to achieve the split phase 120/240 but can not make this happen until I update the firmware!
Currently running both as a single unit with 120v wired into each leg of my panel for 240.

I just got the same unit. Will be running one solo 110/120 to start. Did POWMr support just ignore you? I'm concerned about a lack of support going forward if I need something. How do you like the units? Are they working well now as far as balancing between the units?

OK, so to close the loop on this thread, I was able to get the firmware from POWMr by emailing them at support@powmr.com and they were very nice and very helpful. One thing that I realized is that there are many different models of inverters out there and firmware is specific to the model you are using. Meaning, if you install the wrong firmware on your inverter, you could break your inverter. In your email, if you include a picture of the product details tag, you will save a day in the back and forth when they will ask you for that. After i installed the firmware fron the bin file that they emailed to me, I was able to connect the two SP5K inverters in parallel and I was able to run my well off of them, and it works fine. Next I am going to connect an air conditioner and a pool pump, so we will see what all I can do with just 2 SP5Ks. I'll expand to 4 once I understand the capabilities of 2. But overall, I would say their web site isn't super helpful, or what you may be used to in US based product web sites, but their support people are very friendly, courteous, and helpful if you send them an email, it just takes time to wait for a response, usually the next morning at like 1Am or so.

Back