diy solar

diy solar

Problem with EG4 3000 Off Grid and Incoming Voltages, Amps and Total KW

I believe the newest release of BMS Tools allows for altering the time and date without requiring a password, though you'll need an RS282 cable for this. Regarding the Depth of Discharge (DOD) setting from 20% to 5%, 20% is recommended. Yet, lowering it to 5% shouldn't pose any issues if preferred.

Updating from everything above with the 50M limitations and you telling me to try user mode for 2 weeks etc nothing was fixed. I was told to update the firmware to run on a new 6000XP and now I have an LL brick. I spent time on with tech to make sure it was being done right and with the right files due to the high number of conflicting and contradicting firmware updates, guides and videos and went through some changes while on the phone with them to watch it be bricked. I believe the BMS was bad from day one. Too many issues. I could not get past a 13% update progress and one of the guys had me hit the reset to get back out of firmware update mode and now I cannot even return to the uploading process in hopes we could get it to work on another computer. So much for a soft brick.

Having just purchased a new power pro, conduit box, quite a few hundred dollars of solar panel mounts and a new 6000XP inverter to upgrade the system I am feeling beyond sour right now. I had a man in my house to buy that battery for my cost and we were just updating the firmware so it would work with his newly purchased 6000XP and lifepower 4 battery and he left without a new LL and I am stuck with a $1700 brick awaiting shipping / RMA info. The new system was not up yet so I am down a solar backup......

Updating from everything above with the 50M limitations and you telling me to try user mode for 2 weeks etc nothing was fixed. I was told to update the firmware to run on a new 6000XP and now I have an LL brick. I spent time on with tech to make sure it was being done right and with the right files due to the high number of conflicting and contradicting firmware updates, guides and videos and went through some changes while on the phone with them to watch it be bricked. I believe the BMS was bad from day one. Too many issues. I could not get past a 13% update progress and one of the guys had me hit the reset to get back out of firmware update mode and now I cannot even return to the uploading process in hopes we could get it to work on another computer. So much for a soft brick.

Having just purchased a new power pro, conduit box, quite a few hundred dollars of solar panel mounts and a new 6000XP inverter to upgrade the system I am feeling beyond sour right now. I had a man in my house to buy that battery for my cost and we were just updating the firmware so it would work with his newly purchased 6000XP and lifepower 4 battery and he left without a new LL and I am stuck with a $1700 brick awaiting shipping / RMA info. The new system was not up yet so I am down a solar backup......

If you could DM, I would like to review which firmware was being used to update this.

Back