diy solar

diy solar

Progress

Bluedog225

Texas
Geting some things done. Jeeze it’s a lot of work. Not getting any younger. Faced a little more south-southeasterly than I wanted but nothing to do about it now.

All craigslist hot dipped except for the tamarac post tops. Rigid conduit and double strut.

I had a half idea that I was going to mount the panels directly to the double strut but see now that I’ll need some strut going parallel to the ground. No biggie. Should be pretty strong.

IMG_0136.jpeg

Last edited:
I think it will fit 12 panels. Maybe 14. [edit-14, maybe 16 panels]

I haven’t decided which panels yet. I’ve got a bunch of 250 to 300 watt used panels. I’ll probably stick those on there. Though I’m tempted to go get some nice new panels 400+ watts. It’s tough how few panels fit on something the size. It’s 10’x20’. But will have some side to side leeway with the strut I’m going to run horizontal.

Last edited:
Geting some things done. Jeeze it’s a lot of work. Not getting any younger. Faced a little more south-southeasterly than I wanted but nothing to do about it now.

All craigslist hot dipped except for the tamarac post tops. Rigid conduit and double strut.

I had a half idea that I was going to mount the panels directly to the double strut but see now that I’ll need some strut going parallel to the ground. No biggie. Should be pretty strong.

View attachment 202131
what type of posts are those in the ground and making the T on top? Is it 6" diameter galvanized steel in ground and 4" on top?

Back