diy solar

diy solar

PV input after rain

jbatx

I make stuff with things
It's starting into the rainy season and it just stopped raining on my 5kw array. It's still partly cloudy. I would expect a low/moderate pv input given the past months data. However, I'm currently seeing charge input of about 2500w. That's a lot more than expected. I'm speculating this is due to the cleaner air and washed panels. Thoughts?

Cleaner air is a big deal, and we usually don't take an actual measurement of light intensity. Washing panels I find little impact. Cool weather helps too.

It's starting into the rainy season and it just stopped raining on my 5kw array. It's still partly cloudy. I would expect a low/moderate pv input given the past months data. However, I'm currently seeing charge input of about 2500w. That's a lot more than expected. I'm speculating this is due to the cleaner air and washed panels. Thoughts?
Its not rain (per se) but the thickness of the overhead cloud layer that affects PV power the most in my experience. I had a few days this last December of 5%'ish PV production due to thick/thick/thick clouds. Normally it's more in the 20% - 30% range for clouds/rain during shortest sun part of the year.

Back