diy solar

diy solar

Rack mount vs stand alone?

grebaba

In my pea brain I don't see a reason to buy a 1100 dollar 100 AH rack mount battery over a stand alone 100 AH battery.
Other then being able to stack the battery's and a nice rack what am I missing?
Greg

In my pea brain I don't see a reason to buy a 1100 dollar 100 AH rack mount battery over a stand alone 100 AH battery.
Greg

The rack mounts tend to be 51.2V and 100Ah, and also tend to include additional features like breaker shut off and built-in pre-charge feature as well as the capability to use BMS communications with the equipment.

I don't see many 51.2V/100Ah stand alones.

Greg
You've said it well but I wonder if you'll really buy 'just one'. Many of use have gotten the bug and you may buy 2 or 3 or 5 more over the next couple of years - so it's worth considering what you'll do if this occurs :)

I was just using 100 AH as an poor example.
I have 6 200 AH agm's and 4 Lipo's and not near the money that I would have in the same AH rack mount's.
I guess I am just cheap but build in my system with the shut offs and the 4 lipo's I bought have bms built in.
One thing I can say is the rack mounts sure look a hell of a lot better then my cobbled up mess.
But it works.
Greg

I was just using 100 AH as an poor example.
I have 6 200 AH agm's and 4 Lipo's and not near the money that I would have in the same AH rack mount's.
I guess I am just cheap but build in my system with the shut offs and the 4 lipo's I bought have bms built in.
One thing I can say is the rack mounts sure look a hell of a lot better then my cobbled up mess.
But it works.
Greg
Please dont use lipo as a description of the lithium batteries you have. It is not descriptive.

Best to use, LiFePO4 or LFP for short.

Lipo means lithium polymer and is a very dangerous chemistry for home power oprions.

Back