diy solar

diy solar

(rebadged) SRNE 24v and 48v AIO inverters, plus a few more at good price in USA

Wakintx

energetechsolar has some of their inverters on sale, sorry- not Victron or Growwatt. Will had reviewed some of their battery options before with good reviews... I've purchased 3 of the 24v, 3000watt AIOs

Not if you have more than 2 panels in series, zoykes... low specs
Depends on the panels voltage. I run 3S4P in my identical EAsun AIO. Could run 4 and still be below the 100Voc limit.

I see the price is lower than what I got mine for. Pretty good deal for someone wanting to get into solar and not having a major amount of money to do it. I reviewed mine in the off grid inverter Forum.

Depends on the panels voltage. I run 3S4P in my identical EAsun AIO. Could run 4 and still be below the 100Voc limit.

I see the price is lower than what I got mine for. Pretty good deal for someone wanting to get into solar and not having a major amount of money to do it. I reviewed mine in the off grid inverter Forum.
Good points, I’ve been in the Victron MPPT RS450 world so long I forget there are still low voltage panels/configs out there.

Mattb4, I think I found the review you are referencing: EAsun MLV 3KW-U Off grid Hybrid review from Aug, 2022. Is that correct? So are you saying that this product is the same as the EAsun?

Let me expand. I want a UPS function to run my vacation home furnace for a day or 2 in the winter when I'm not there in case of a power outage. Due to trees, I may not run solar. So, I'm happy with grid power 24/7 until a power outage, then I need a unit that switches to batteries. The furnace pulls about 600W and only runs for a total of 1.5 hrs a day according to my Google Nest. We keep it at 45 degrees when not there. Would this be a good unit for me?

Thx,

Isolar 3kw-3U is a SRNE off grid inverter AIO. It is resold under many names including MidNite solar MN3024DIY and PowMr.

I see no reason that it would not work your intended application Woodlecj. Just be aware that it does draw around 50w just doing nothing but being ready. You would want to set it as Uti (utility mode preferred) with sufficient charge rate for your batteries. Being as you need to cover the idle amount and also the load of 900wh each day it will be 2100wh worth of battery capacity with perhaps an additional 10% worth of overhead. So figure ~2300wh. If using a 24vDC lithium battery this would put you into the 100ah per day area.

Isolar 3kw-3U is a SRNE off grid inverter AIO. It is resold under many names including MidNite solar MN3024DIY and PowMr.

I see no reason that it would not work your intended application Woodlecj. Just be aware that it does draw around 50w just doing nothing but being ready. You would want to set it as Uti (utility mode preferred) with sufficient charge rate for your batteries. Being as you need to cover the idle amount and also the load of 900wh each day it will be 2100wh worth of battery capacity with perhaps an additional 10% worth of overhead. So figure ~2300wh. If using a 24vDC lithium battery this would put you into the 100ah per day area.
Thanks for the response and the calculations! I was thinking I would need a 24V 100Ah battery. Just to understand, your EAsun is just like this one? I want to read your review again to fully understand all of the issues.

Thanks for the response and the calculations! I was thinking I would need a 24V 100Ah battery. Just to understand, your EAsun is just like this one? I want to read your review again to fully understand all of the issues.
Looks to be the same though some of the specs seem to be off. This might be because they mix up the 48vDc version with the 24vDC version. All the settings for particular functions are the same from their manual to the one supplied with my EAsun unit. As is other operational data.

Yeah if you dig into the different model numbers that you will find in the manuals that come from all of these different resellers you will actually usually come down to the fact that it is the srne.

This one is sold under the another name other than srna that is escaping me right now because I ignore it the brand that is because I know who the manufacturer is in fact the warranty cards that came in side my box showed where it was tested at srne's factory and that the warranty is through them as well

And yes by having low voltage panels in serial in parallel. Plus I can add additional mppt controllers.

Basically it's cheaper than trying to buy a high frequency 3000 W inverter all by itself that is supposed to be pure sine wave

Hence the reason why I have three of them I have multiple battery banks in different locations in outbuildings on my house and different strings of solar panels going to each

If I was going to run my central air conditioner off of these I'd have had to make a whole different investment

I just remembered that the brand name that is going to come on the model number sticker is popsail

You can Google that company and go to their website and see how they describe it

Looks to be the same though some of the specs seem to be off. This might be because they mix up the 48vDc version with the 24vDC version. All the settings for particular functions are the same from their manual to the one supplied with my EAsun unit. As is other operational data.
If you look under the cover where you attach your battery and your solar input do you see the
Underneath the cover where you hook up your battery cables your solar input and all do you see this model number?

HF2430U60-100

This is the model number that is for sale under the 24 volt version.

Back