diy solar

diy solar

REC ABMS and Raspberry Pi integration?

HelenLo

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to connect their REC ABMS to Raspberry Pi for monitoring and data integration? I saw Andy on off-grid garage has done this with a Seplos bms and since REC is CAN enabled, I figured this should be possible - however the REC bms isn't listed in Louis Van Der Valk's page in GitHub.

If I can't use the Raspberry Pi, what is my best work around? I want to avoid paying out for the Cerbo is I can avoid it. I already have the Raspberry hooked up with Venus OS installed.

Many thanks,

Helen

The rec needs to be configured via firmware to talk victron compatible canbus sentences. In theory you shouldn't need additional software other than the can driver to get it to work.

I use a cerbo on my boat with my REC. For me it's worth it to run the cerbo since I also have a WS500 alternator regulator on my 24v alternator. (I use a venus pi on my camper, but don't have a rec on that system.)

Interesting stuff. please update if you get it going.

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to connect their REC ABMS to Raspberry Pi for monitoring and data integration? I saw Andy on off-grid garage has done this with a Seplos bms and since REC is CAN enabled, I figured this should be possible - however the REC bms isn't listed in Louis Van Der Valk's page in GitHub.

If I can't use the Raspberry Pi, what is my best work around? I want to avoid paying out for the Cerbo is I can avoid it. I already have the Raspberry hooked up with Venus OS installed.

Many thanks,

Helen
If you have the victron compatible version of the REC, just toss the Victron Venos OS onto the Raspberry Pi.

Back