diy solar

diy solar

REC vs CSUN 310W panels?

SunnyDBoy

Hey guys!

I'm trying to figure out which panels I want to buy for a 10kwh solar array and found what looks like 2 good deals. These brands are CSUN and REC, which I've heard of REC before.

REC Panels: $99/ea

CSUN Panels: $120/ea

Do any of you have a recommendation or experience with either of these panels?

If you know a better deal and/or better quality panel for long-term usage, please share!

Look for used Panels in your area (ebay, craigslist, etc). SanTan Solar (same company as the CSun panel - has 250w used panels for $50. It will take up more room - but will be half the price.

I love the idea of getting used, especially since Santan Solar has such good deals on snail trails and the like. The problem is I think my utility requires the panel labels to be intact and they remove all the labels from most of the used pa else I've seen. Ughhh... I'm planning on building the 10kwh array to be hybrid with a battery bank.

Plus, after the 26% credit, the new panels drop down to sub-30c/w price which is just a few cents over the used ones wito.hout labels.

I'd love to find other used panels with labels though! I have a call scheduled next week with my utility's solar department to see if labels are needed, etc.

Back