diy solar

diy solar

Relay module for diverter automation

Adrian R

Hi everyone!

I have this relay module:

RON26.52 14%OFF | DC 12V / 24V LED Digital Relay Switch Control Board Relay Module Voltage Protection Detection Charging Discharge Monitor

Does anyone know what the 2 contacts input + and - are for?

I want to use it for a diverter automation, to trigger a SSR at high voltage (let's say 65 vdc) and to turn off the SSR at a lower voltage (let's say 62v of a 16s li ion battery bank )

I imagine the voltage + and - are for voltage detection and can be max 99 vdc.

The seller only has a manual in Chinese.

Thank you very much!

Interesting that it is labeled 12v/24v and yet the detection goes to 99v. I would assume the "voltage detection" terminals are just that and the two separate battery terminals shown on the right are the working power source and need to match the 12v-24v specification to operate the logic board, led and relay coil.

I assume the + - input is to force the relay on in a manual operation. I see an opto isolator so I assume the minus is not connected to the other common. Post the manual. I just bought 5 of a different model without the timer function, but they were half the price. I would suggest that you use the timer function if possible. I would set it to turn on at a voltage and stay on for a fixed time. After that it can check again. I do this for a lot of items. A lot better than just dragging down the battery.

I finally translated the manual online. It works like a charm! I got the diverter I wanted. Set voltage for triggering a SSR with a load, another set voltage for unloading the SSR. It needs power from 12v or 24v depending on the model but it will monitor a voltage up to 99v! Beautiful!

Back