diy solar

diy solar

Remote switch for inverter on all in one unit

Brewmaster

Are there any all in one units running 24volt input with 3000w /120v output that comes with or has an optional remote inverter off on switch ? I want to put the all in one unit in my basement on the wall and would like to shut off the inverter when not needed. I haven't seen anyone advertise one.

I haven't seen any either, which surprised me. What I expect to find is a remote Emergency Power Off (EPO) contact for remote shutdown. I would hope for the same on all of these server rack batteries, but that is a separate issue.
[edit]
Looks like you can use the auxiliary input on a Schneider XW-Pro to do what you want-- just not what I am wanting.

Last edited:
This topic - of remote control - was one of the reasons I went with individual components. The Midnite Classic charge controllers have an AUX1 relay (and old fashioned IP/internet access) that can be remotely toggled on/off by software and it does an automated on/off based on battery voltage (and some other options). I coupled this with AIMS inverters - which have an RJ45 jack where you can extend a wire to the AUX1 relay and turn it on/off remotely. This gives me 1) settable on/off voltage ranges on my battery bank and 2) remote on/off. Note: By setting absorb/float I can control the max charge voltage as well - effectively controlling the battery voltage operating range.

Here's an example of the default software interface
1657936124101.png
where I have the automated (e.g. "Diversion" + "Auto") OFF = 49.5v and ON = 52v. The Delay and Hold options work but don't add anything for me.

Last edited:
Thanx for that info. I have seen a lot of inverters with remote on and off, I can't believe they wouldn't use on the them in an all in one unit,

Thanx for that info. I have seen a lot of inverters with remote on and off, I can't believe they wouldn't use on the them in an all in one unit,
I also have an all-in-one MPP Solar 3048LV (off-grid orientation). It has an on/off switch but I think to completely turn it off you need to disconnect the battery and AC input (and maybe the PV input).

My point is - you could rig some relays to intercept the on/off switch on an MPP Solar and/or anything else you need to disconnect. Maybe a GroWatt is similar?

The MPP HV LV 2424 has a connection for a remote switch which I use in my RV with the unit in an externally accessible storage bay.

The MPP HV LV 2424 has a connection for a remote switch which I use in my RV with the unit in an externally accessible storage bay.
That is great news, but I can't seem to find the mpp HV LV 2424 on line, Could you kindly tell me who makes it, and is it in fact an all in one unit ? Thanx so much

what remote switch do you use?
And when using the remote switch will the unit’s solar charger continue to charge and just the 120v inverter stays off?

The remote switch functions identically to the main switch, therefore when off, both the solar and AC chargers are still active while there is no 120V AC on the output of the AIO.

I had a few of these left, works perfectly:

The remote switch functions identically to the main switch, therefore when off, both the solar and AC chargers are still active while there is no 120V AC on the output of the AIO.

I had a few of these left, works perfectly:

Sorry for the thread revive. Did you attach the switch without voiding the warranty?

Sorry for the thread revive. Did you attach the switch without voiding the warranty?
No need to void the waranty, it connects via the dry contacts. See included documentation for the remote LCD (which doesn't work with this model).

Attachments

• MPP-Solar-LCD Remote display user manual_20151214-2.pdf
    706.2 KB · Views: 50
I had the same problem in the pip3024gew inverter. I want to have full remote control because the device is located in a summer house. I did it provisionally using the insides of the Sonoff s26 wifi switch. It was enough to solder one resistor for the relay to function as voltage-free.

Attachments

• 20240204_025059.jpg
    20240204_025059.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240204_032000.jpg
    20240204_032000.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 3
Back