diy solar

diy solar

Looking for a 24v all in one inverter

ericfx1984

Solar Enthusiast
I'm looking for a 24 volt all-in-one, 120v inverter

I would need at least a 50 amp MPPT(80a would be even better) and ideally 40 amp or larger plugin charger... I would like the inverter side to be at least 3,000 watts though I'm a little flexible on that

At the end of the day it needs to be reliable

I'm looking for a 24 volt all-in-one, 120v inverter

I would need at least a 50 amp MPPT(80a would be even better) and ideally 40 amp or larger plugin charger... I would like the inverter side to be at least 3,000 watts though I'm a little flexible on that

At the end of the day it needs to be reliable
I think you should look at MPP. I’ve never really shopped 24V (12V for myself and others, and 48V for various customers) but I’ve noted some great options I wish were 12V in the past.

Dumb question though: why 24V?

MPP has a couple ‘smaller’ AIO’s with fairly robust PV input specs and are 48V.
Maybe I’m weird, but to me 12V up to 3000W is really attractive if you have a lot of 12V ‘other’ stuff, like in certain vehicle/mobile systems, RVs, and boats. However, in practical terms, there is nearly no desirability for 24V whatsoever when 48V is essentially the same price and the batteries these days are so inexpensive.
I didn’t go look but I believe there is both a 3048 and a 5048 from MPP that are quite reasonably priced.

Dumb question though: why 24V?
Not a dumb question at all...

The client chose a 24 volt system... I had suggested a 48 volt system... But he found a "better deal"

He ended up purchasing an entire Ecoworthy 3000w aio, with 1200w panels and a 100ah 8s pouch lifepo4 battery

He was so certain it would be enough

Except it wasn't he ended up needing an additional battery so he bought a LiTime 100ah 8s battery

They're very different batteries... They play well in parallel... But I don't expect they would work very well in series

Anyway the 3000 W all-in-one has started to fail ... Occasionally shutting itself off... I expected something like this would happen to the AIO But I imagine the rest of the system will do just fine

He was so certain it would be enough
Ya Lol
At this point I’ve attempted so much with various minimalist systems I sorta know when the impossible is actually…impossible. i see a number like “100Ah” do the Wh, and think, “ya, no. That ain’t gonna do much for you”. LOL

So I’d look at MPP Solar as they have a few with 120V output, “I think” 450VOC and 80? amps of solar charging

Anyway the 3000 W all-in-one has started to fail ... Occasionally shutting itself off... I expected something like this would happen to the AIO But I imagine the rest of the system will do just fine
That is a strange failure mode. If it was me I would want to look into if it is happening due to the AIO or for some other reason such as from the batteries or PV connections. If I am correct the Eco-worthy 24vDC 3kW unit is basically a rebadged SRNE and of the same type as I used for more than a year. At least for me they seemed reliable though I replaced them with similar but higher PV voltage models from PowMr (1 working since last July).

Ya Lol
At this point I’ve attempted so much with various minimalist systems I sorta know when the impossible is actually…impossible. i see a number like “100Ah” do the Wh, and think, “ya, no. That ain’t gonna do much for you”. LOL

So I’d look at MPP Solar as they have a few with 120V output, “I think” 450VOC and 80? amps of solar charging
I despise minimalist installs... I get it if you're not going to rely on it it's no big deal If it's just for a little bit of fun or something... But honestly I say whatever you think you need multiply that by at least two... Preferably three or four times

That is a strange failure mode. If it was me I would want to look into if it is happening due to the AIO or for some other reason such as from the batteries or PV connections. If I am correct the Eco-worthy 24vDC 3kW unit is basically a rebadged SRNE and of the same type as I used for more than a year. At least for me they seemed reliable though I replaced them with similar but higher PV voltage models from PowMr (1 working since last July).
I've wondered that as well... There's quite a few that seem to have the exact same interface and display... But I imagine there's at least a quality difference from one company to the next

Why does it need to be a AIO? Inverter/charger with a separate charge controller is pretty simple to implement and more versatile because you can size the charge controller to better match the panels.

Reactions: JRH
I have the LV2424, it works OK and eventually I will sell it. It has high idle consumption running the inverter and puts out a huge amount of RF across the entire spectrum. Some Mix31 toroidal coils helped fixed.

Moving now to 48v with a Victron 250/100 SCC and soon their 48v inverter. Need to decide on what batteries to get.

Don't go the AIO route would be my choice now.

Why does it need to be a AIO? Inverter/charger with a separate charge controller is pretty simple to implement and more versatile because you can size the charge controller to better match the panels.
Honestly... Because the more parts that there are, the more I am going to have to provide support to him... Lol 🤣

I have the LV2424, it works OK and eventually I will sell it. It has high idle consumption running the inverter and puts out a huge amount of RF across the entire spectrum. Some Mix31 toroidal coils helped fixed.

Moving now to 48v with a Victron 250/100 SCC and soon their 48v inverter. Need to decide on what batteries to get.

Don't go the AIO route would be my choice now.
I get it... And I agree with you. But what I can tell you is this... It's not for me, it's for a guy down the road who lives in a little RV from the 1980s, he doesn't have running water, and he runs a generator to power his air conditioner and television and such things

The comical part is even if he replaces this inverter it's going to still be significantly more affordable than the cost of generator fuel throughout the year

At the end of the day it's what he can afford to do

just as a datapoint, not so much as a reccomendation:

I have a MPP Solar PIP-2024LV-MK 24V System and so far it works pretty decent. but it is pretty loud to have in my travel trailer. I would not choose it again if I was picking something to be in the travel trailer so close to me.

I am getting from ebay/fedex delivered today an Eco-Worthy hf2430u60-100 unit to try in my solar shed because it was cheap (it was 20% off $369) and I wanted a new project. Is that the same one you are replacing? I think it's a rebadged SNRE. Is it junk? Should I try to take it back before even opening it

I despise minimalist installs... I get it if you're not going to rely on it it's no big deal If it's just for a little bit of fun or something... But honestly I say whatever you think you need multiply that by at least two... Preferably three or four times
I started out with 200W of panels 1200W inverter and scaled over time. It wasn’t minimalist, it was how I could do it. I calculated my needs, and bought the best solution in my budget that month.
The point was it showed me (taught me?) a lot as did a number of small installs I did for others.

Upgrading to an electric fridge also involved a bit of math. It’s still a small system but it’s what it needs to be- not minimalistic.

So if you calculate the demand and size accordingly a small system isn’t minimalistic, it works.

Last edited:
I've wondered that as well... There's quite a few that seem to have the exact same interface and display... But I imagine there's at least a quality difference from one company to the next
Not that I am aware of. Even those from Midnite Solar (DIY line) though with them you do get Warranty and tech service for the ones they label as their own.

just as a datapoint, not so much as a reccomendation:

I have a MPP Solar PIP-2024LV-MK 24V System and so far it works pretty decent. but it is pretty loud to have in my travel trailer. I would not choose it again if I was picking something to be in the travel trailer so close to me.

I am getting from ebay/fedex delivered today an Eco-Worthy hf2430u60-100 unit to try in my solar shed because it was cheap (it was 20% off $369) and I wanted a new project. Is that the same one you are replacing? I think it's a rebadged SNRE. Is it junk? Should I try to take it back before even opening it
You can see my review of the same model from EAsun in the off grid inverter forum. I was rather pleased with how it worked for me for a year and a half for 1 (replaced last July with PowMr) and another that I just recently replaced after a years usage with another PowMr. Both have been put into storage since I could not get anyone to come get them for free.

Understand the limitations and quirks.

Back