diy solar

Looking for a 24v all in one inverter

I have this one.

Not stackable.
450V 80A MPPT
38W idle draw measured
23W idle eco mode measured
No N-G bond

Not fully installed. I've only tested it. Output sine wave looked really good on the scope at idle.
That's really good to hear. Previously I have had trouble with PowMr... It seemed that there are quality control with shotty and their specifications were very optimistic

I'm glad to hear a good report It seems like If they are able to pull it together they should be able to build some quality yet affordable equipment

I get it... And I agree with you. But what I can tell you is this... It's not for me, it's for a guy down the road who lives in a little RV from the 1980s, he doesn't have running water, and he runs a generator to power his air conditioner and television and such things

The comical part is even if he replaces this inverter it's going to still be significantly more affordable than the cost of generator fuel throughout the year

At the end of the day it's what he can afford to do
I can't say my decision was wrong, it just wasn't the best one. It has performed well in the 3years that I have owned the MPP AIO. I did opt to use a more efficient inverter for every day use to power my electronics, as the output is much cleaner on the scope.

did opt to use a more efficient inverter for every day use to power my electronics
Me too. The MPPSolar 1012LV-MK is there for a backup inverter, but I run a QZRELB 2000W inverter 24.7.365
Not a huge difference in idle consumption watts but by percent it’s better. The 1012 is a daily charge controller for one of my strings.

The MPP 1012 has been fantastic- I just wish the had a 2500W version.

I like the instant backup availability.

Me too. The MPPSolar 1012LV-MK is there for a backup inverter, but I run a QZRELB 2000W inverter 24.7.365
Not a huge difference in idle consumption watts but by percent it’s better. The 1012 is a daily charge controller for one of my strings.
QZRELB. I keep one of their 3000 watt inverters around... They're dirt cheap and they work really well... It's actually pretty impressive how low the idle consumption was I can't remember exactly what it was but it was just over 10 watts if I remember correctly?

can't remember exactly what it was but it was just over 10 watts if I remember correctly?
I get 18W with a clamp meter when it’s a “cold” hookup, but static tests I’ve done a few times elsewise are generally 26-28W ‘warm’ with the clamp meter, sometimes lower. Factoring for their manual stated ‘efficiency’ (that I can’t recall at the moment) when using the clamp meter current reading on the 120VAC side compared to the clamp meter current on the 12V side under a ~500W 120V load after a little quick math the numbers have generally agreed with each other predictively. So you might have a bit more idle consumption than 10W…. but does it matter? :)
In my opinion, anything under ~45W idle that dependably supports a truly offgrid situation is totally acceptable. In some circumstances 80W might be acceptable if it gets the job done- and panels are pretty cheap to add a couple while still costing in sum less than, say, flying all Victron blue colors when you are attempting to meet a specific goal. (Not picking on Victron it’s just good quality stuff that can be considered a reasonable high standard to compare commodity mid-shelf stuff to.)

So you might have a bit more idle consumption than 10W…. but does it matter? :)
In my opinion, anything under ~45W idle that dependably supports a truly offgrid situation is totally acceptable.
Yeah not really an issue... I totally agree that anything under 45 watts or so is just fine... And that's true it doesn't super matter at that point

The MPP 1012 has been fantastic- I just wish the had a 2500W version.

I still have a QZRELB 24/2000 - it has my inverter cherry.

Back