diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Battery Monitor cable connectors

jbird526

Solar Enthusiast
Need some help identifying the connectors use on the Renogy Battery Monitor cable. It comes with a 20ft cable and I would like a 1ft cable without cutting up the original. Have experience with automotive connectors but small electronic connectors are not my bag. Connector is about 1.5cm wide. A JST XH connector???

IMG_7758.JPG

IMG_7757.JPG

Last edited:
In case anyone ever needs this info, found the correct connector. I did have to swap the pins on one end for it to work but easy enough.

12 Inches Length 2.54mm Pitch 5 Pin Female to Female​

IMG_7795.JPG

All of this was so I didn't have to pack in 20ft of cable into a portable box.

IMG_7798.JPG
IMG_7799.JPG
IMG_7800.JPG

Last edited:
Jbird526,

Thank you! This was very helpful. I do have several questions if you have a moment.

- Did you need to use a specialized tool to disengage and swap the pins?
- Also, can you please provide more detail regarding the requirement to swap some of the pin wires? Looking at the stock wire set that came with my Renogy Battery Monitor it appears that the wire colors have the same color sequence on both ends of the cable.
- Lastly, have you encountered any unit measurement inaccuracies resulting from the lack of shielding on the replacement wire set?

I have a similar requirement to yours. I am building a custom 100ah Portable Power Station box that slides into an existing compartment in my truck bed camper set up. While slightly larger than your Apache case, the available volume of interior space is still somewhat limited and I am striving for a neat and tidy build (like yours). Stuffing 20 feet of unnecessary cable into the box would not only look amateurish but would also impede ventilation airflow.

Thank you again. Respectfully,

In case anyone ever needs this info, found the correct connector. I did have to swap the pins on one end for it to work but easy enough.

12 Inches Length 2.54mm Pitch 5 Pin Female to Female​

View attachment 103502

All of this was so I didn't have to pack in 20ft of cable into a portable box.

View attachment 103512
View attachment 103513
View attachment 103514
Would you know if anyone sells an extension cable for this, as I need about 40 feet. Or could you tell me if there is a connector male to female and where I could purchase it? Thank You.

Back