diy solar

diy solar

Renogy controller always reads 26.4v PV

weliwarmer

Hi - I have 3 60W panels in series with an open voltage reading 60.3v. The Renogy Elite controller reads 26.3v on the PV screen and via multimeter across the PV terminals.

Battery voltage is 26.4v, measured and on the LCD.

Funny thing, the controller still reads 26.3v even with 2 panels in series and an open voltage of 40v.

I've borrowed a friends Renogy Rover controller, which works in their system, and this also reads 26.3v.

Summary:
measured OV = 60v
PV on controller = 26.3v
BV on controller and measured = 26.4v
Panels Vmp 19.1 Voc 23.2

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong would be most gratefully received.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's wired up correctly? Sounds like battery voltage is on PV side...
Maybe post some pictures?
The Rover is MPPT, right?
Does it do any charging?

Hi Meetyg. I've replaced all the wiring from the panels to the controller and it's now working. The old cable looked fine, tested ok but was in a very exposed area on the back of the boat.

It's a dull, cloudy day today in Scotland but it's charging at 0.75 amps which I can live with.

Thanks, Tim

Hi - I have 3 60W panels in series with an open voltage reading 60.3v. The Renogy Elite controller reads 26.3v on the PV screen and via multimeter across the PV terminals.

Battery voltage is 26.4v, measured and on the LCD.

Funny thing, the controller still reads 26.3v even with 2 panels in series and an open voltage of 40v.

I've borrowed a friends Renogy Rover controller, which works in their system, and this also reads 26.3v.

Summary:
measured OV = 60v
PV on controller = 26.3v
BV on controller and measured = 26.4v
Panels Vmp 19.1 Voc 23.2

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong would be most gratefully received.
This is the voltage at which the PV will operate once it enters the controller. This is normal. The voltage you are calculating is the standard voltage of the PV after connection and not the operating voltage

Back