diy solar

diy solar

Reputable LiFePo4 sellers

ShockinglyAverage

I’ve tried searching the forum but most threads seem to be a bit dated, especially since once a seller gains good rep other lookalike companies will spring up trying to snipe business. So… who is currently a reputable seller for 280-310 ah cells? Not necessarily the cheapest, but the ones who actually match and batch and send decent cells.

The most long standing seller with a good reputation is Shenzhen Luyuan (Amy Wan).

If you search for Amy Wan, you will find a lot of satisfied customers .... and a couple of customers who were blowing smoke and seemed to be trying to put Amy's reputation in question. She responded with good answers to both of those.

There was one seller who was offering matched cells shipped from a US location .... and included the manufactures cell data like Amy Wan does .... but I don't remember who that was right off hand. You can probably find it with a search.

Not necessarily the cheapest, but the ones who actually match and batch and send decent cells
Matching and batching cells is not typically done by any of the resellers I have read about here. That is typically done by more expensive distributors. The word "decent" has various meanings and is probably as useless as is the term "Grade A". I had successful transactions with four different sellers during a four month period in 2020. Freight rates and availability varied during that time which is why I used four different vendors. I define "sucessful" as receiving cells within 60 days, with capacity of 95% of stated capacity and with no physical damage. Unfortunately things are dynamic and several things may affect today's choices. Freight rates and transit time have become less predictable. I have also read that electrical energy has become rationed in China and that may affect supply.

There was one seller who was offering matched cells shipped from a US location .... and included the manufactures cell data like Amy Wan does .... but I don't remember who that was right off hand. You can probably find it with a search.
I think you mean Dongguan and Amy Zheng (too many Amy's around)?

I think Luyuan used to match and batch the cells themselves ... but now have a deal with EVE who will do it for them.

I think you mean Dongguan and Amy Zheng (too many Amy's around)?

Yeah .... it's kinda like Mike .... they all wanta be like Amy. LOL But I thought it was one of the Basen's that had US stock and provided data sheets .... in addition to Luyuan .... maybe Amy Zheng does too?

Matching and batching cells is not typically done by any of the resellers I have read about here. That is typically done by more expensive distributors.
As far as I understand Shenzhen Luyuan (@Amy Wan (Luyuan) ) does offer matched and batched sells. Look for @Steve_S as he has more experience and direct dealings with her. From what I gather, though, Luyuan would be my go to supplier. My 2 cents.

Matching and batching cells can also get lost in translation. one of the vendors I used matched the cells by voltage and put them in the same group. That could be called Matching and batching. I should have been more clear and used the term matched capacity. As mentioned earlier that is more easily done at the manufacturer who has the equipment to do that in volume.

Luyuan provides a report with the manufacturers actual capacity testing .... prior to that, they capacity tested them themselves.

See this one on the batteries shipped from Texas.

Reactions: Mgr
Had a very nice experience with Amy Wan at Luyuan. Tricky to send LifePO4 cells to Norway. I don't know why? Alibama charge VAT to Norway but not to for example Denmark? Shipping express to my place in Norway impossible. Also by sea? I don't know why? Amy was very patient while we tried all possibilities. The problem they have - they have no authorized people who are IATA authorized to send Dangerous Goods. They don't know the regulations. Labelling, DGD (Dangerous Goods Declaration), etc.

Anyway, my 32 EVE 280Ah K cells are now sent by sea to Denmark and I will sail to Denmark and pick them up in January maybe? A long trip but I was planning going south this winter anyway. Then I can install them in my boat in more warm climate than here up north.

She sent me all necessary documents for this deal. Pictures and test report. Also product spec. VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE SO FAR :)

In total US$ 4000 + 871 (shipping).

Attachments

• 20211012162242.jpg
    20211012162242.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20211012162252.jpeg
    20211012162252.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20211012162310.jpeg
    20211012162310.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 24
  • LF280K (3 2V 280Ah) Product Specification( Version B ).pdf
    542.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Luyuan Tech Basic LiFePO4 guide V1 0a 带水印.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Test rapport EVE 280Ah K 6VO461.pdf
    26.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 3DD5FE5B392D83D568B4DDBF8640001C.jpg
    3DD5FE5B392D83D568B4DDBF8640001C.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 1A913C3EE0D24A67428CA808B1A36C88.jpg
    1A913C3EE0D24A67428CA808B1A36C88.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 11
  • ADA6E230E41B35A8323B8BEC13CA0DB8.jpg
    ADA6E230E41B35A8323B8BEC13CA0DB8.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Sun Fun Kits in Louisiana sells EVE cells, kits, or fully assembled batteries. They purchase in bulk directly from EVE. Jenny Wu from Docan Tech sells cells and ships from a warehouse in Texas. I purchased raw cells from Jenny Wu two weeks ago on a Monday and had them on Friday of the same week. At this point, there is little reason to ship EVE 280Ah cells from China and wait 3-4 months when you can purchase from a reseller who has USA stock.

Sun Fun Kits in Louisiana sells EVE cells, kits, or fully assembled batteries. They purchase in bulk directly from EVE. Jenny Wu from Docan Tech sells cells and ships from a warehouse in Texas. I purchased raw cells from Jenny Wu two weeks ago on a Monday and had them on Friday of the same week. At this point, there is little reason to ship EVE 280Ah cells from China and wait 3-4 months when you can purchase from a reseller who has USA stock.
if you are in the us that is ;)
the world , and forum population isnt just the us

Had a very nice experience with Amy Wan at Luyuan. Tricky to send LifePO4 cells to Norway. I don't know why? Alibama charge VAT to Norway but not to for example Denmark? Shipping express to my place in Norway impossible. Also by sea? I don't know why? Amy was very patient while we tried all possibilities.
Norway is not in the EU (although is member of the EEA) while Denmark is. So I assume China has some specific custom agreements with the EU which do not exist for Norway.

Back