diy solar

diy solar

Running booster pump 24/7 Questions before I make an order

When I was working in the mountains/forest in Oregon we had a nice 40F degree (4.4C) spring. Never froze! nice and warm

he had a tank? as far as I saw the pump just ran when you opened a tap / shower and shut off when it wasn't

I can see a blue pressure tank on his original pump.

Toilets can get flushed by dumping water in them. I guess they would refill on their own with just a couple PSI though. Would just take forever.

No time for a courtesy flush as you would develop hemorrhoids between the first and second flush waiting for the tank to refill.

I can see a blue pressure tank on his original pump.

Toilets can get flushed by dumping water in them. I guess they would refill on their own with just a couple PSI though. Would just take forever.

No time for a courtesy flush as you would develop hemorrhoids between the first and second flush waiting for the tank to refill.

wait long enough, and they'll dip into the water for a nice cooling effect... 😁

Yea they fill fine with virtually nothing, you have to jiggle the handle after flushing on a lot of toilets because the plug won't close if the water is too slow and it'll just keep flowing through lol

Maybe he should get his handy man to make us a video of that entire room before he leaves the states

Something like this plumbed in to bypass the pump and a wall wart to a power outlet. Power on and pump used. Power out and bypassed so gravity feed. It is spring loaded to open with no power.

the top of the cistern has a balloon valve, I am sure that isn't the right name, like the old toilets have, so when it gets full the balloon goes up and stops the water from coming in.

his pump before probably was easier to turn and it probably had no check valve on it
the regular brass check valves he has are probably 4.5+ psi to crack them open which means he needs 10.35 feet of water height in order just to barely open the check valve. Thus it isn't flowing

by using a better check valve and a bypass, he can avoid the pump and the harder to open valve entirely. So the water will have better flow

Fly me out there and feed me and I'll hook it up directly to that line feeding the cistern and put an accumulator tank so it keeps pressure lmao
Flying you out would most likely be cheaper then getting ripped off from Puerto Rico plumbers, honestly, if you hadn't helped me and the solution you told me, which I think I can manage on my own, I would fly you out there.

Really most important is being able to flush the toilets during the powerouttage, but yes, the shower has ok flow rate, at least the front shower, the masterbedroom barely had any water coming out of it during powerouttages.

his pump before probably was easier to turn and it probably had no check valve on it
the regular brass check valves he has are probably 4.5+ psi to crack them open which means he needs 10.35 feet of water height in order just to barely open the check valve. Thus it isn't flowing

by using a better check valve and a bypass, he can avoid the pump and the harder to open valve entirely. So the water will have better flow

Fly me out there and feed me and I'll hook it up directly to that line feeding the cistern and put an accumulator tank so it keeps pressure lmao
yeah the last pump I guess didn't have a check valve so I guess water could run back? I have no idea, I just know that it worked without power at a minimal flow through, since then I have learned a lot, but still not by any means great at this stuff as you guys can tell.

yeah the thing is, I don't want to have guests, or tell them they need to get a bucket and pour it into a toilet, and yes the last device did have a blue pressure tank.... Is that what gave me PSI during a power outage and I just didn't use it all up and maybe I am wrong about the pressure from just the downward pressure from the cistern. I surely hope not.

yeah the last pump I guess didn't have a check valve so I guess water could run back? I have no idea, I just know that it worked without power at a minimal flow through, since then I have learned a lot, but still not by any means great at this stuff as you guys can tell.
Yea I'd expect you to get the same or better output than your old pump with no power with the grainger check valve I posted.
The valve is very low pressure to open

Flying you out would most likely be cheaper then getting ripped off from Puerto Rico plumbers, honestly, if you hadn't helped me and the solution you told me, which I think I can manage on my own, I would fly you out there.
hahaa I'd expect it to be cheap for that there but guess not x___x
they probably have local prices and "regular USA folk" prices
Work for food is how I've done work in several countries & like 20 different states. So if you do need help just feed me lmao

My goal is to get the entire unit on battery power, or propane, if anyone wants to help me with that, I will wine and dine you and fly you out. Issues I have - very limited space for solar, so the batteries would have to charge from AC most likely. I think propane would be cheaper due to this and last a lot longer. But I have no idea how to do this.

yeah the thing is, I don't want to have guests, or tell them they need to get a bucket and pour it into a toilet, and yes the last device did have a blue pressure tank.... Is that what gave me PSI during a power outage and I just didn't use it all up and maybe I am wrong about the pressure from just the downward pressure from the cistern. I surely hope not.
Yea an accumulator tank you said it was a well pump so that makes sense. If you don't have them they short cycle and kill the motor faster

My goal is to get the entire unit on battery power, or propane, if anyone wants to help me with that, I will wine and dine you and fly you out. Issues I have - very limited space for solar, so the batteries would have to charge from AC most likely. I think propane would be cheaper due to this and last a lot longer. But I have no idea how to do this.
Why use battery power if it's just as backup? Literally just for backup nothing else?
It'd be costing money, not saving any.
What would the propane do, just kick on when power is out?
I'd say a propane generator is probably the cheaper method of the two if all you want is power when the power goes out and you have little space

yes the last device did have a blue pressure tank.... Is that what gave me PSI during a power outage and I just didn't use it all up and maybe I am wrong about the pressure from just the downward pressure from the cistern. I surely hope not.

Can you clarify.

Did you have NO pump and then you installed the blue pump and it failed and you had the newest pump installed or did it always have the blue pump?

Yea I'd expect you to get the same or better output than your old pump with no power with the grainger check valve I posted.
The valve is very low pressure to open

hahaa I'd expect it to be cheap for that there but guess not x___x
they probably have local prices and "regular USA folk" prices
Work for food is how I've done work in several countries & like 20 different states. So if you do need help just feed me lmao
My place is in Condado, it is a tourist trap and very expensive. Prices for food and everything else is the same as California, if not more because they have to import a lot of stuff.

Can you clarify.

Did you have NO pump and then you installed the blue pump and it failed and you had the newest pump installed or did it always have the blue pump?
when I bought the place it came with the blue pump, so it was always there. It broke just like everything else in the apartment. So, blue pump was there, replaced it with this booster pump.

My place is in Condado, it is a tourist trap and very expensive. Prices for food and everything else is the same as California, if not more because they have to import a lot of stuff.
ahhh that I guess is making more sense, so the money doesn't really matter as much as having a fancy place that doesn't lose power / water

Back