diy solar

diy solar

Santan Solar - Used SST SERIES 230 Watt 60 Cell Panels

Spartaqus

Still planning my very first system. Sure not easy! I would like to buy four of these for a bluetti 200 max. I plan on putting them in series parallel with a 15 amp fuse on the two positive cables from the panels with 10AWG wire. Think I am really close to the design portion. Does any know why they have four pigtails in the back? Every panel I have seen has two. Oh the beginner blues!

Here is the panel

Attachments

• 47C6ACD7-0F23-4E49-B567-11AAE7744C43.png
    47C6ACD7-0F23-4E49-B567-11AAE7744C43.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Used panels are somewhat degraded. Don't expect more than 80% and if you get more, feel good about it. If you are paying for shipping already, adding a couple of extra panels doesn't cost much. If you have space to store them, maybe a couple of extras.

Used panels are somewhat degraded. Don't expect more than 80% and if you get more, feel good about it. If you are paying for shipping already, adding a couple of extra panels doesn't cost much. If you have space to store them, maybe a couple of extras.
This! I found that when I got my panels the shipping rate was the same for 1 panel as it was for a pallet of 23 panels... and that was about $400 at the time.

I now have 23 panels. :)

If you've only got 2 strings you don't need fuses, so your 2s2p setup would be OK without them. As for the 4 pigtails, 2 are shadows. :)
Did I say genius! Cmon, thank you so much! Im too ignorant to be embarrassed, just grateful. Solar power here I come! Thank you!

FYI .. I did an off grid weekend with my used San Tan solar panels DThames is right on as far as efficiency. The best I did was 83% at solar noon. But for watt per dollar they still rock .. IMHO

FYI .. I did an off grid weekend with my used San Tan solar panels DThames is right on as far as efficiency. The best I did was 83% at solar noon. But for watt per dollar they still rock .. IMHO
I would call that value as good as new. Don't complain about 83%. My fudgefactor for new Renogy panels is 85%.

I would call that value as good as new. Don't complain about 83%. My fudgefactor for new Renogy panels is 85%.
Hmmmm not sure how you would construe my statement of " But for watt per dollar they still rock" as complaining ???? :unsure: Just stating the DThames's statement bore true with me.

Back