diy solar

diy solar

SC48120-MPV - Solar Assistant logging possible?

justinjja

I have 3 Growatt 5000ES's hooked up to Solar Assistant currently,
Just added an SC48120-MPV and wondering if it can be added?
I saw someone talk about hooking it up to solar assistant, but not having any luck.

There is no option for the Growatt SC's in Solar Assistant,
Also tried connecting the SC to the master 5000ES vis RS485,
They appear to be connected, but Solar Assistant isn't getting any data for the SC.

I have 3 Growatt 5000ES's hooked up to Solar Assistant currently,
Just added an SC48120-MPV and wondering if it can be added?
I saw someone talk about hooking it up to solar assistant, but not having any luck.

There is no option for the Growatt SC's in Solar Assistant,
Also tried connecting the SC to the master 5000ES vis RS485,
They appear to be connected, but Solar Assistant isn't getting any data for the SC.

You could ping Solar Assistant and ask. I wonder if you could hook up a smaller Victron Shunt only on the new SCC and use that in Solar Assistant to show additional charging source? What kind of data does the SCC provide that Solar Assistant would use other than charging amps or something?

Didn't have any luck, but my sc48120 is an older unit without the extra comms port. Can't even adjust the voltage readings.

The main thing I was worried about losing is SOC, which isn't super accurate anyway (using SA virtual bms).
I'm going to look into connecting my Batrium to solar assistant for SOC instead.

I should have done this from the beginning, Batrium working fine with Solar Assistant + a 20$ Amazon special CanBus USB adapter,
I set the batrium CanBus protocol to "Victron GX Gateway" and I'm getting real SOC and load now.

I should have done this from the beginning,
I reached the same conclusion about my Orion BMS and using its SOC which was much more acurate than my inverter. An unintended consequence was that the BMS voltage setting was also used and the BMS controlled the charging rate which had its other benefits.

Back