diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

For still suffering the Sepols BMS with Solis Inverter alarm issue which causes the inverter to report OV-VBatt-H when the BMS is reporting 100%, I finally have a solution! I spent the last few weeks talking to a Seplos tech who has been very helpful, trying out lots of different fixes.

We finally got it working when we uploaded a modified firmware program to the BMS. For anyone interested, the firmware file and download instructions are attached.

Rather than cutting off the charge abruptly when it is at the 10A 'trickle' stage (and putting the inverter into an alarm state) it slowly tapers down from 10A as the pack voltage increases.
Anybody tried this? Mine is sorted now with automation but interested to see how people get on with this and if still hits high voltage alarm after several hours of charging

Anybody tried this? Mine is sorted now with automation but interested to see how people get on with this and if still hits high voltage alarm after several hours of charging
I’ve been running this for a over week now and it’s (finally) working flawlessly.

I’ve been running this for a over week now and it’s (finally) working flawlessly.
In terms of working flawlessly, what happens when battery reaches 100% and higher voltages. Does the battery stop charging and go static? I have large solar array and battery is often charged by 10am and would be followed by hours of export.
Just want to ensure its not just dropping to a lower charge rate and still continuing to charge until hitting high voltage alarm or does it stop charging prior to this?

In terms of working flawlessly, what happens when battery reaches 100% and higher voltages. Does the battery stop charging and go static? I have large solar array and battery is often charged by 10am and would be followed by hours of export.
Just want to ensure its not just dropping to a lower charge rate and still continuing to charge until hitting high voltage alarm or does it stop charging prior to this?
As I stated in my previous post, the BMS requests a continually lowering charge current from the inverter as the pack reaches it peak voltage, all the way to 0.

If you are concerned with the battery switching in and out of charge state as it floats near 100% you can turn off the BMS intermittent charging function.

Attachments

• F084F146-75C4-40F1-BF30-7734BCE79225.png
    F084F146-75C4-40F1-BF30-7734BCE79225.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 85
As I stated in my previous post, the BMS requests a continually lowering charge current from the inverter as the pack reaches it peak voltage, all the way to 0.

If you are concerned with the battery switching in and out of charge state as it floats near 100% you can turn off the BMS intermittent charging function.
Would turning off intermittent charging affect the charging when at a lower percentage, say 90% or what are the implications of turning it off?

Thanks that’s great. Is the software only for windows?

I haven't installed any of the software yet, but when I unpack the bundles I only see .exe files in there with everything else. I don't see any .apk files there...

using pylon on voltronic side, rm485 on seplos side.
this works .

however, have not tested 2 bms's
1 16s bms canbus version -> 1 16s rs485 -> voltronic yet
Hi I have voltronic inverter and am looking to connect to Seplos 200a 16s BMS over RS485 - from reading - you said this is working for you? If so what cable are you using I cant find the pin outs for BMS Rs485 > Inverter RS485

Hi I have voltronic inverter and am looking to connect to Seplos 200a 16s BMS over RS485 - from reading - you said this is working for you? If so what cable are you using I cant find the pin outs for BMS Rs485 > Inverter RS485
i posted the manual in the resource settings which contains the pinout

Hey all! I seem to have a problem with my Seplos BMS. I changed some parameters, and now I can't change anything anymore. Everytime I press apply, the BMS shuts down for some reason. Can anyone perhaps share their parameter file? Perhaps if I upload that one, the settings will be reverted and working again. Otherwise: how do I do a factory reset? The one through the software doesn't work either.... Hope someone can help!

What's the pinout exactly? I have a manual, but it doesn't say anything about a hard reset (if that is what the pinout means/does) I can't change any settings manually, the BMS shuts down and restarts every time I hit apply settings, without accepting the new configuration. That's why I was hoping to get a parameter file from someone, perhaps uploading those would make a difference.

What's the pinout exactly? I have a manual, but it doesn't say anything about a hard reset (if that is what the pinout means/does) I can't change any settings manually, the BMS shuts down and restarts every time I hit apply settings, without accepting the new configuration. That's why I was hoping to get a parameter file from someone, perhaps uploading those would make a difference.
pinout was in response to a comms cable question.

if your bms shutsdown immediately, chances ate that a config update will fail, or worse go in half and brick or damage your bms permanenty..

i'd contact seplos, and check with their engineers first

Hey, which setting starts the top balancing of the cells.View attachment 103111
#8 Equalization opening voltage
#62 Equalization opening pressure difference
#63 Equalization closing pressure difference
Function Switch: Charge equalization function ON

#0 Monomer high voltage alarm
#1 Monomer high pressure recovery
Both play role in equalization to some degree. Limits the charge current to under 10 amps until #1 is reached.

Hey all! I seem to have a problem with my Seplos BMS. I changed some parameters, and now I can't change anything anymore. Everytime I press apply, the BMS shuts down for some reason. Can anyone perhaps share their parameter file? Perhaps if I upload that one, the settings will be reverted and working again. Otherwise: how do I do a factory reset? The one through the software doesn't work either.... Hope someone can help!
Look in the BatteryMonitor folder. Then open the Agreement folder. See if you have Parameter xxxxx.xml file

Back