diy solar

diy solar

Server Rack UPS

afmiller

Good morning,
Stumbled upon this forum and have some questions.

I’m looking at getting either an mpp or growatt inverter that will connect to what I’m leaning on is an eg4 battery. I know I can hook the system to have A/C in and D/C in which will then go to the A/C out. If I have solar panels hooked up to the system, will it charge the eg4 with the DC from the panels before using the A/C in?
The other question is, will this setup be susceptible to going down if the grid goes down. It will have the battery backup for however long it lasts

Thanks

Many options are programmable. You can configure it as you described. You might try reading the manual two or three times. That is what I do and it slowly becomes more clear. There are also some Youtube videos where someone goes over all of the settings.

Hey there, Richard from Signature Solar here - we sell both Growatt and the EG4 batteries. There are settings to assign when it pulls and what source it will pull from. In fact, my support team is happy to help you once you get the products to set it up how you'd like.

Back