diy solar

diy solar

Shenzhen Basen 100ah Battery

Vabch22

Hello all,

New here. Very new to Solar, but find it intriguing. I bought a Bluetti and Ecoflow, but wanted to branch out into some DIY to get more bang for your buck. I went onto Alibaba and ordered a 100ah battery w/ bluetooth from Shenzhen Basen Technology. Mitty was my sales rep. The battery shipped from the US warehouse and I was told they check each battery before they ship.

The battery arrived and I tried to connect to the bluetooth app, but quickly got no where. I then tested the voltage on the battery, and it would show about 3.46v. From reading threads, I found out that sometimes the battery/BMS needs to be 'woken' up, I tried using my Noco Genius 10 battery charger on lithium, but that does not appear to work. I tried using a 12v SLA battery to wake it up, but that didn't work either. Can you offer any advise or tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have sent a chat to Basen along with the video of the issue. Here is the link to the video if it helps. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19v2d1JQemm-wiblTHw61go5U5tr_V4BH/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for any assistance.

Matt

Maybe the battery is completely discharged (which shouldn't happen), to the point where even the Bluetooth isn't getting enough power.
If you have a variable power supply (PSU), I would try to slowly charge it up anyways, see if voltage rises.

But again, this should not have happened, so maybe just send it back to Basen for a replacement/refund. If the cells have gone that low, they are probably permanently damaged.
It could also be a BMS fault. In any case I would try to get a replacement.

Thank you very much. That is what I was worried about and didn't want to get stuck with a dud.

your battery id completly discharched and is in protective mode. Charge it up with a (normal) or special lithium charger , after 10 minutes your battery must be discovarble with the app. If not, another bad product from Basen Shenzen.

They are sending a replacement which should be here Tuesday. Hopefully this one works and will accept a charge.

Back