diy solar

diy solar

Shore power circuit breaker

jtown

Hi there, I'm looking to add a 15 amp circuit breaker between my 15amp shore power inlet and my inverter-charger. I've been looking at this product: https://www.amazon.ca/Blue-Sea-Syst...00&mcid=d60c5c3797c23e27a1649a5690ff9ccc&th=1

I'm a little confused as to how exactly this is installed/mounted.. I've seen other systems that aren't connected to any sort of distribution panel and can be added anywhere along the wire between the shore power inlet and the inverter charger. Is that the case with this circuit breaker? Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!
Jason

There's so many options. What is the application and what is the space available and is it wet or dry location?

Can you not rely on the shore power source itself being protected at 15/20a?

There's so many options. What is the application and what is the space available and is it wet or dry location?

Can you not rely on the shore power source itself being protected at 15/20a?
There's not a lot of space available and it will be inside my campervan, so a dry location.

I'd like to add additional layer of safety in the event that I plug into shore power that I don't fully trust.

Do you use a 5-15 (regular 120v) shore power plug? How about one with a fuse there?

Personally, if I want an AC breaker I want it to be panel style from an AC name brand, and panels or disconnects are always going to be bulky, so I would be looking at fuse options instead. I understand if you are trying not to go there.

Do you use a 5-15 (regular 120v) shore power plug? How about one with a fuse there?

Personally, if I want an AC breaker I want it to be panel style from an AC name brand, and panels or disconnects are always going to be bulky, so I would be looking at fuse options instead. I understand if you are trying not to go there.
I have this shore power inlet: RVXHUA 15 Amp Flanged Inlet | Waterproof RV Shore Power Flanged Receptacle | NEMA 5-15 2 Pole 3-Wire AC Port Plug | 125V Recessed Male Outlet Generator Receptacle for RV Shed Marine Boat https://a.co/d/b3GBRMj

I’m looking for something I can just connect the wires to to a breaker that is totally independent of the power inlet and a distribution.

if the distribution panel box is necessary?
Some sort of enclosure is needed to prevent electric shock accidents. The diference between 15 or 16 amp protection should not be a worry.

Back