diy solar

diy solar

Short one negative bus bar, use a circuit breaker instead?

kaizday

Hello all,

i didnt plan it out very well and found out that i forgot one more bus bar for the negative wire for 40a SCC + battery + inverter, but then i have a 50a breaker laying around, can i use that instead of a bus bar? so battery will be on one side while the SCC and inverters to be one the other side of the breaker.

for the inverter, i don't plan to go over 50a load, but i do have a 60a fuse on the positive side from battery to the inverter already. not sure if that makes any difference.

thanks again for all of you guys' helps so far. super appreciate it.

You mean to stack the lugs on one post to feed several items? Not an issue if they fit. I think four lugs would be the practical maximum.

Your question is a little confusing. You normally only have one negative bus bar (and one positive). Your question implies you have multiple negative and multiple positive bus bars.

Maybe you should post a picture of your setup or at least a schematic.

You mean to stack the lugs on one post to feed several items? Not an issue if they fit. I think four lugs would be the practical maximum.

i currently have 3 lugs stack on each other and tightened up with a nut and bolt, but thought a breaker might be a bit better. but now, it sounds like i would be the only one who would put a breaker on the negative wire lol

thanks for your response

Back