diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar EG4 12v 400ah - low temperature charging

CampingLife

Hi all! So I currently have 2 12v 100ah battleborn batteries in my camper. I'd like to expand my system and am considering Signature Solar's EG4 12v 400ah server rack battery. I'm having a little trouble determining if it has low temperature charging protection or not. Any other downsides? I'm a little confused why its so much cheaper than buying 4 battleborn batteries would be. am I missing something?
Thanks!

Hi @CampingLife The EG4 12v 400ah server rack battery does have low-temperature charging protection. The spec sheet shows <-5°C or >75°C - I have attached the link to the spec sheet here! I hope this helps! Please reach out if you have any other questions!

I also thought about switching to the Server Rack for my RV.

I'm a little confused why its so much cheaper than buying 4 battleborn batteries would be. am I missing something?
Thanks!

Dont be confused. When Will was promoting BB 4years ago LiFePO4 was just becoming mainstream. The technology has changed, while BB has not. The revolutionary next generation game changing product was overpriced for that day, and more so grossly today.

Dont be confused. When Will was promoting BB 4years ago LiFePO4 was just becoming mainstream. The technology has changed, while BB has not. The revolutionary next generation game changing product was overpriced for that day, and more so grossly today.
That ... 100%

Thanks all! I'm feeling more comfortable with moving away from the BB now.
Look at Will's recent videos on Youtube regarding low cost 12 volt batteries. He rips them apart and evaluates the build quality.
I would not hesitate to buy a low cost battery. I just bought a Smilaxe battery off Amazon today, 12V, 100AH for $165 plus tax with free shipping.
The reviews look good. You can bet that Battleborn is in trouble. I hope they have other products or their phone lines may go dead soon.

Back