diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar is leaving me in the cold

mdmcguffin

We are off grid trying to build a house but living in a shed. The only thing holding us back from getting into a warm house is dealing with these inverter issues and customer service bureaucracy. Hours on hold before you get a live person, they want copious amounts of photos, emails that seemingly go nowhere unless you call everyday and make a stink about it. Our first set completely had to be returned and refunded, now we have the EG4 6000 XP and they were great unless I turn on my radiant floor heat and then they only run for about half an hour and then the inverters say there's too much power surge and trip.
Has anybody tried a local solar company technician to come out and help? Would that void the warranty do you think?

We are off grid trying to build a house but living in a shed. The only thing holding us back from getting into a warm house is dealing with these inverter issues and customer service bureaucracy. Hours on hold before you get a live person, they want copious amounts of photos, emails that seemingly go nowhere unless you call everyday and make a stink about it. Our first set completely had to be returned and refunded, now we have the EG4 6000 XP and they were great unless I turn on my radiant floor heat and then they only run for about half an hour and then the inverters say there's too much power surge and trip.
Has anybody tried a local solar company technician to come out and help? Would that void the warranty do you think?
In my experience dealing with SS for over a year now, I’ve had both excellent and terrible interactions with them. Keep a phone log of who you talked to and keep your emails.
In technical support I’ve had great dealings with one or two techs,and downright terrible dealings with another two.
In claims I’ve had excellent interactions.
It’s very hit and miss. Unfortunately this spans over 12 months and my recent interactions are not going well.
@SignatureSolarJess - if you’d care for more details send me a PM/DM if that option is available to you still.

Hi @mdmcguffin - I'm so sorry you're having trouble reaching us! We had extended wait times yesterday due to the freeze here in Texas but right now, our wait time is less than 4 minutes for tech support! It would be a great time to call in.
We understand that taking photos of the system can be a pain, however, it is the only way we can get a good view of your DIY system to assist you remotely. If you'd like to reach out to me at engagement@siganturesolar.com, we can get your issue escalated and all of your questions taken care of!
It is absolutely recommended to have a certified technician help you install your equipment :)

In my experience dealing with SS for over a year now, I’ve had both excellent and terrible interactions with them. Keep a phone log of who you talked to and keep your emails.
In technical support I’ve had great dealings with one or two techs,and downright terrible dealings with another two.
In claims I’ve had excellent interactions.
It’s very hit and miss. Unfortunately this spans over 12 months and my recent interactions are not going well.
@SignatureSolarJess - if you’d care for more details send me a PM/DM if that option is available to you still.
Thank you for the tag @DVD - I'll send you a PM now!

Back