diy solar

diy solar

Signature solar review

bajarick

Just tried to leave a review on Signature Solars website re: EG4 6500EX. Wrote my review and SS wrote me back saying I have to join up with something called "JudgeMe" to post? What the actual.... Anyone hear of this?

After buying things from them (SS) they have asked "how'd we do" with links to leave a review. I think they use this "judge Me" company? or set up to help them process there criteria for there reviews. I did at one time receive a 25. discount for doing it and it did work. This
Judge Me link wants you to sign up for there services but I did not. I registered and after that it showed they could charge me a monthly fee to do reviews. So I did not sign up and my review had not been posted as of yet. I don't understand all about it but that was my exp., with it.

I also notice after I receive product from them and they send me a link to do a review, if I wait 2 weeks of so to do it, the link come up an says "OOPS SOME THING WENT WRONG" So they must only give so much time to review or have an opinion.

I also notice after I receive product from them and they send me a link to do a review, if I wait 2 weeks of so to do it, the link come up an says "OOPS SOME THING WENT WRONG" So they must only give so much time to review or have an opinion.
Not intended, need to check with judge me for more server capacity

Put the reviews on Google review. You can do this for all companies all over the world.

I have bad experience with them, i just bought their 3kw 48v EG4. I connected the inverter to battery through an carpenter pencil that sharpened both end to slowly charge up the inverter caps, the pencil get very hot while i want holding it between the battery lug and the inverter then my circuit breaker tripped. The first thing i test is that inverter battery input terminal with a multimeter, and found that they are shorted. Contact SS and got hold of Kaleb SS’s tech dept, gave Kaleb all information that he asked for include pictures and startup procedure which is used an carpenter pencil sharpener both ends as resistor to connect battery to inverter, the pencil get so hot then the battery circuit breaker tripped (breaker was included in the inverter box). Kaleb said he will put in the ticket for warranty exchange to their RS team, and they will take it from there. Couple days later Chris from RS dept email and said the inverter fall out of SS Solar warranty guidelines, and offer 2 options: 1 is pay for shipping fee back and forward and pay for the repairs fees include parts. Or take their “first strike” option which is send the inverter back exchange for an refurbished inverter but this is one time deal, after this SS are not responsible for any warranty or exchange from then on. I asked for clarify on their warranty guidelines, Chris said he does have the information on hand referral me back to Kaleb for clarification. I email Kaleb ask him what exactly i did wrong in my startup procedure that is out of SS warranty guidelines. Kaleb did not respond. Than Chris got back with me said that what i did wrong is use the resistor to connect battery to inverter, and again offer 2 offers. I was speakless, i think i will try to fix the inverter myself. Look like their warranty might not even worth the shipping fee back and forth. Just let want to let other enthusiasts know to be careful when look for solar equipment seller. Below are email exchange between i and SS

Attachments

• Signature Solar Support3.pdf
    60.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Re: 'dav102ho@gmail.com' submitted the form from your 'Customer Service' page.pdf
    90.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Signature Solar Support 2.pdf
    21.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Signature Solar Support.pdf
    45.6 KB · Views: 2
This is why I like to buy stuff through Amazon. I understand SignatureSolars position on not wanting to repair/exchange products broken through misuse, but they are way too aggressive about it.

Google is the way. Any third party service is simply a filtering device. I deal with them often for many clients.

This is why I like to buy stuff through Amazon. I understand SignatureSolars position on not wanting to repair/exchange products broken through misuse, but they are way too aggressive about it.
misuse? use a resistor to charge connect to the inverter for the first time is the first thing that every one do, how is that misuse? What they offer is a slap in the face, i dont mind the shipping fees, but just that they force me to waive any future warranty claim because what they sent me was defective. manufacture defect are nothing new, force me to accept the fault not even their own but the manufacture is unacceptable.

Last edited:
misuse? use a resistor to charge connect to the inverter for the first time is the first thing that every one do, how is that misuse? What they offer is a slap in the face, i dont mind the shipping fees, but just that they force me to waive any future warranty claim because what they sent me was defective. manufacture defect are nothing new, force me to accept the fault not even their own but the manufacture is unacceptable.
He did not quote you in his reply.
He was responding the the OP not you.

I wasn't saying what you did was misuse. I understand using a pre-charge resistor in the circuit between the battery and inverter. I was saying that I understand them not wanting to cover things in cases of misuse (not your case). I am probably one of, if not THE harshest critic of SignatureSolar on this forum. :unsure:

I have bad experience with them, i just bought their 3kw 48v EG4. I connected the inverter to battery through an carpenter pencil that sharpened both end to slowly charge up the inverter caps, the pencil get very hot while i want holding it between the battery lug and the inverter then my circuit breaker tripped. The first thing i test is that inverter battery input terminal with a multimeter, and found that they are shorted. Contact SS and got hold of Kaleb SS’s tech dept, gave Kaleb all information that he asked for include pictures and startup procedure which is used an carpenter pencil sharpener both ends as resistor to connect battery to inverter, the pencil get so hot then the battery circuit breaker tripped (breaker was included in the inverter box). Kaleb said he will put in the ticket for warranty exchange to their RS team, and they will take it from there. Couple days later Chris from RS dept email and said the inverter fall out of SS Solar warranty guidelines, and offer 2 options: 1 is pay for shipping fee back and forward and pay for the repairs fees include parts. Or take their “first strike” option which is send the inverter back exchange for an refurbished inverter but this is one time deal, after this SS are not responsible for any warranty or exchange from then on. I asked for clarify on their warranty guidelines, Chris said he does have the information on hand referral me back to Kaleb for clarification. I email Kaleb ask him what exactly i did wrong in my startup procedure that is out of SS warranty guidelines. Kaleb did not respond. Than Chris got back with me said that what i did wrong is use the resistor to connect battery to inverter, and again offer 2 offers. I was speakless, i think i will try to fix the inverter myself. Look like their warranty might not even worth the shipping fee back and forth. Just let want to let other enthusiasts know to be careful when look for solar equipment seller. Below are email exchange between i and SS
Now...
If a resistor connected to a battery caused a failure, something else was wrong...

My apology, i thought that cs1234 said use the pencil to connect battery to inverter is what cause the short like SS stated. I was speechless as what they said cause the short, are they really said that or just mistype? again my bad cs1234

Back