diy solar

diy solar

Silly Question

Acho_303

Please don't flame me :)

I am about to top balance my first cell and wonder, which terminal is the positive? I read the only Lishen battery PDF I found and it did not say which is positive or negative..

Sorry for my ignorance 2021-01-2909.09.404641143270215958274.jpg

Voltmeter. If you don't have one, you need one.

On my Eve cells, the black is positive. YMMV

Voltmeter. If you don't have one, you need one.

On my Eve cells, the black is positive. YMMV
I do have a walmart voltmeter, but feared my connection to that might be wrong... so wanted confirmation 2021-01-2909.42.171582308484785702655.jpg

I do have a walmart voltmeter, but feared my connection to that might be wrong... so wanted confirmation View attachment 35027

The leads are properly connected. Turn dial left to the 20 position. The V with a line and 3 dashes underneath is for DC voltage. The "20" position will measure any voltage 20 or under. These cells should be around 3.3V

If you touch the leads to the battery terminals, and the voltage reads negative, you have them touching the wrong battery terminals. Once the voltage reads positive, your red lead indicates (+) and your black lead indicates (-).

Assuming you've never touched a voltmeter before, you are possibly embarking on something at or outside the limits of your skill set. All the more important that you exactly follow any instructions given. If something is confusing or unclear, ask first.

Link to top balancing guide:

Critical that you download the PDF using the orange button at the top right and follow the directions exactly.

I dont understand why seemingly ever manufacturer of lifepo4 cells uses the weird color scheme on their poles. Whats the reason the poles are not red/black like anywhere else?

I dont understand why seemingly ever manufacturer of lifepo4 cells uses the weird color scheme on their poles. Whats the reason the poles are not red/black like anywhere else?
in china the word/concepts are different.
Instead of black meaning negative which is kind of arbitrary they think of negative meaning ground meaning dirt which is brown.
We are getting grey market cells that are not produced for our market.
Anyway, that is the gossip I've heard.

Back