diy solar

diy solar

Sixtysix 280ah Cells from Deligreen

I thought about shrink tubing for my tools and busbars.
But for the busbars there's still so much exposed.
I've seen some busbar covers that look pretty good but they don't look easy to get on and off.
With all of the testing and balancing we do, we need something that just snaps on and off.
I know I saw a neat idea on a site for covering the cell busbars before
I'll defn have to try and find it tbh....I think it used m6 bolt covers and silcone high temp hose iirc....not 100% though tbh
also the ender 3 printers are about 180 on amazon and on sale a fair bit on aliexpress/bangood at like 160 to 170 tbh

I want to buy a 3d printer. But I don't want to make flammable cell covers.
I wonder if this works on a standard 3d printer - https://www.3dxtech.com/product/firewire-flame-retardant-abs/
edit: no luck. that stuff requires a special expensive 3d printer. https://creality3d.shop/collections/cr-series/products/cr-5-pro-h-3d-printer

My cells are sitting because I am away from home now. My batteries are going back together as soon as I get home.
And I will be posting about my non flammable progress. It's a big pain in the ass but I am persistent.

Last edited:
I want to buy a 3d printer. But I don't want to make flammable cell covers.
I wonder if this works on a standard 3d printer - https://www.3dxtech.com/product/firewire-flame-retardant-abs/
edit: no luck. that stuff requires a special expensive 3d printer. https://creality3d.shop/collections/cr-series/products/cr-5-pro-h-3d-printer

My cells are sitting because I am away from home now. My batteries are going back together as soon as I get home.
And I will be posting about my non flammable progress. It's a big pain in the ass but I am persistent.
from what I can read the stock ender 3 can print up to 250 or so
that filament needs 220-240 so it might work tbh
Main limiting factor with the ender 3 for example is the ptfe tube they used (Simple replacement though with capricorn though gives slightly higher temps iirc)

I've been away from home but I am anxious to get these batteries up and running.
I am thinking about switching my configuration to 18s. The Solark charges up to 63V.
And my BMSs can go up to 22s
Seems worth a try.

I've been away from home but I am anxious to get these batteries up and running.
I am thinking about switching my configuration to 18s. The Solark charges up to 63V.
And my BMSs can go up to 22s
Seems worth a try.
Yep
That's definitely worth a shot
Also got my 3d printer up and running again recently so I might try and get some of the filament and give it a shot if I get round to it lol

I ordered from Don Rowe for slightly cheaper, but had to wait nearly two months for the back ordered spare fuses. The Blue Sea fuse holder looks nicer than mine, especially with the hold down clips.
Just as an FYI, the $50 fuse holder from Don Rowe included a class T fuse, and spares are $20.
If they have them in stock, future people reading this thread can compare. I do like the Blue Sea fuse holder much better, but add in the cost of a fuse, and I'm not so sure it is THAT much better.

Thanks for the update. And just for clarification what size fuse is included?

Thanks for the reply and that is a good price in my opinion. What is the physical size of that entire fuse block?

Thanks for the reply and that is a good price in my opinion. What is the physical size of that entire fuse block?
7 inches long, 2 inches wide, and 3 inches tall. Pretty hefty weight wise too, since same fuse holder supports up to 400 amps, "bar" is at least an inch thick.

Thanks, I have paid more than $50 for a two hundred amp fuse, so indeed a very good deal.

Thanks, I have paid more than $50 for a two hundred amp fuse, so indeed a very good deal.
I guess I could have saved myself the trouble of getting out the ruler, it has it listed on the specifications page (not sure about a one year warranty on a fuse):

Amps200 A
Weight1.5 lbs (0.7 kg)
Shipping weight2.0 lbs (0.9 kg)
Dimensions7.0 x 2.0 x 2.5 in (178 x 51 x 64 mm)
Warranty1 Year

I am finally getting around to moving my inverter and batteries into an air conditioned shed.
I work slow so it will take me months to finish this project.
yes, it all takes me tons of time in my solar upgrades also,,,, I found that I wished my outside off-grid insulated solar shed was bigger so that is next on the upgrade agenda....I definitely prefer this to be outside for safety reasons and air-conditioning was an upgrade but needed also for a small part of the year,,, presently the heating of the superinsulated outside solar power shed is kicking in (I run an incandescent light bulb for heating and turn on some dc led lights also as needed and keep it between 58 to 75 degrees F) as it is routinely below freezing every night and most of the day now (outside).... here in South Dakota...
The wind is howling terrible this morning,,, hope the sun will be shining....
thanks!! for keeping us posted on your progress....
have a great cyber Monday...?

I found that I wished my outside off-grid insulated solar shed was bigger so that is next on the upgrade agenda
Hi,
I am strongly considering building a "shed" for my solar equiptment. What size is yours and what size do you want to expand to. What do you have in it ?
I am building a house and it will be 100% off grid, so I would like to put all solar, well and pool pumps in said shed.
Cheers

Back