diy solar

diy solar

Sketch up?

Mannfamilywoodworks

Solar Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone knows of a specific application or program used for designing these solar systems?
I see a lot of nice blue prints often. I want to make one of my own. I use sketchup for basic cabinet drawings and layouts for renovations.
I’m wondering what y’all use?

I used SketchUp to do a virtual install of my components to see how it would all fit together within the limited space available. Adding cables between the components was more than my meager CAD skills could produce.

For a simple diagram to show all the components involved and how the cables go between them (along with cable size notations) I used draw.io. The learning curve wasn't too bad and it's free.

I used SketchUp to do a virtual install of my components to see how it would all fit together within the limited space available. Adding cables between the components was more than my meager CAD skills could produce.

For a simple diagram to show all the components involved and how the cables go between them (along with cable size notations) I used draw.io. The learning curve wasn't too bad and it's free.
That’s awesome. Yeah I was basically trying to get my layout with all my components. I’ll check out draw.io.

diy solar

diy solar
Back