diy solar

diy solar

SLA scam: small SLA hidden in large case (fake haha)

I've only seen this on true-crime television shows, where this technique was used to smuggle drugs.

The lesson is to always deal with a reputable dealer, and not fall for the lowest price. It's worth the extra money.

edit: removed tasteless joke.

Last edited:
I didn't catch it at first, but now I see where the hole is big enough to slide the battery in, much bigger than what was needed to show what was in there, and those cases are PITA to break open, so I don't see somebody making an unnecessarily large hole.

I've only seen this on true-crime television shows, where this technique was used to smuggle drugs.

The lesson is to always deal with a reputable dealer, and not fall for the lowest price. It's worth the extra money.

edit: removed tasteless joke.
What possible joke was "tasteless"?

1652196181966.png
These were from aliexpress, 50ah samsung Li-ion battery packs with 6 18650 batteries inside. Ali kept denying my claim until I said the technology does not exist to put 50ah in a pack that size

you seen this before?
At Home Depot a customer returned a $900 compound miter saw in a visually undisturbed box complete with the fiberglass straps still on it.
It got restocked, a few hours later purchased by another person. They got home, opened the box, and voilà! Bricks, stones, and concrete chunks were duct taped inside.
Security cameras provided footage for the cops and other evidence was present to nab the suspect.
True story- was employed in the store at the time.

At Home Depot a customer returned a $900 compound miter saw in a visually undisturbed box complete with the fiberglass straps still on it.
It got restocked, a few hours later purchased by another person. They got home, opened the box, and voilà! Bricks, stones, and concrete chunks were duct taped inside.
Security cameras provided footage for the cops and other evidence was present to nab the suspect.
True story- was employed in the store at the time.
There's also a scam going around where people will buy the regular version of a tool, and then the pro version (think Milwaukee M18 vs M18 brushless fuel), put the regular version into the pro box, return it, and keep or sell the better tool.

Now, when I buy something from Home Depot or Lowe's, I open the box and inspect the item in the customer service area, on their cameras.

That picture has been around for many years - debunked as a fake.

Pretty funny though!
A dead give away is that the guy blacked out the battery brand name.
He wanted to play a dumb prank but was smart enough to know that if a brand name was showing he could get caught up in liability lawsuit.

Back