diy solar

diy solar

small load pump

e67

I need a another inside small pump for my water system. Its job is easy...to be mounted at the bottom outlet of a 150 ga plastic tank and push water about 7 ft to the pressure tank and fill the pressure tank. The PT is standard size. I would use a pressure switch on it to turn it off and on.Later on I might modify the system and it would pump water maybe 10 ft to the pressure tank.The well pump is a totally different setup to fill the plastic tank.
I want a quality rebuild-able pump by Grundfos,Taco, or SureFlo. This pump would not see heavy use. 1 man cabin. What models would you recommend and price is a factor also...thanks

There are many 1/2hp shallow well pumps (many capable of either 120v or 240v depending on wire setup) that could handle the task of pumping from your well water storage tank to a pressure tank. They generally come with a pressure switch to run between 30-50psi. The question is if you have sufficient power to operate one.

I presently run such a setup for my place although the storage is from rain water harvesting.

ETA: Interesting enough Grundfos does market a 1/2 hp shallow well pump. Bit pricey. I am not endorsing this site (or making referrals) I found with various 1/2hp pumps but it does give you a range of different models in one place to look through. https://www.waterpumpsdirect.com/pumps/1-2-hp-shallow-well-pumps.html As always do the research.

Last edited:
I have grid and inverter 120 ac. Nevermind the Tacos .They are stupidly overpriced.

Last edited:
am I going to have to spend more ???
200$???
Yes if you believe quality is proportional to price. There is a reason Taco and Grundfos are expensive. You could always buy two of the Amazon pumps to have one as a spare.

I think the amazon would give five+ years if it operates in a cool dry space.
I have 5 Grundfos circulators and I like the quality but they don't last forever either.

Back